Parents My rec DD hesitant to move up

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

kimute

Proud Parent
Hi there,

My YDD (8) was today invited to move to an intermediate class from her "beginner 3" class. This is fantastic as I need her to move to the new class for logistical reasons (she has a spring soccer conflict with the beginner class). I anticipate that she will not want to move up. I think she is just happy and comfortable in her current class. If it fit her schedule, I'd be fine with her staying. So this afternoon, I need to tell her she will switch. Any suggestions for approaching the conversation? Should I ask her coach tell her maybe?

Thanks!

I think I would just tell her that due to her soccer, she will move to the other class. I wouldn't make a big deal about the move up....
This. And she has out grown the other class skill was. This is good news, you are getting stronger and you are going to be learning new things (with your happy face on)

She is going to have a hard time avoiding change in life. Now is as good a time as any. :)

Thank you all! I told her before class that she'd been moved up and was switching to the intermediate class. She said, "are you sure? My current class seems just right" but she did look a little proud.

Once the coach verified the move up she was happy to switch. I think most of the girls in her group will also progress so maybe it was just right and the next level will continue to be. Her L8 sister also told her she was always scared the first day of a new level but that it never actually was scary. I think that helped.

Thank you all! I told her before class that she'd been moved up and was switching to the intermediate class. She said, "are you sure? My current class seems just right" but she did look a little proud.
I am sure it does feel just right to her, as the whole class has been progressing together. What she, as a kid, does not understand is what they teach in each class level has limits. They also won't start the next level with much harder skills at the beginning. she may be thinking the next class will be harder.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back