Coaches Name of these skills?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The skill done by Dantzscher is a Shaposhnikova. As far as the skill performed by Chow, I've seen it discussed before, but I'm not sure I've ever heard an official name attached to it beyond a straddled salto to the lb, perhaps someone else can jump in on that one.

The straddle salt from high to low bar used to be called a tumble turn back in my day :eek:ld:. The reverse- a straddle salto from low to high bar, was/is a Radochla, if memory and spelling serve.

They aren't done so much these days I presume due to the bar spacing. The bars are now too far apart, compared to the 80's/90's when they were much closer.

to distinguish which kind of Shaposh, the above is a "free hip Shaposh". then you have step in, toe on, in bar and stalder shaposh's.

Amy does a "peach basket" down to the low bar. if it didn't look so nice, you could say it was a crappy straddled Pak salto that was a screw up. lol.

Hey dunno, do you think that pak salto's are over-rated in comparison to straddle backs and overshoots? I'm talking FIG here. It seems like if you fail to hit handstand on a straddle back it suddenly becomes a B and the overshoot a C but a Pak can fling around and so long as the feet stay off the floor automatic D :rolleyes:

Hey dunno, do you think that pak salto's are over-rated in comparison to straddle backs and overshoots? I'm talking FIG here. It seems like if you fail to hit handstand on a straddle back it suddenly becomes a B and the overshoot a C but a Pak can fling around and so long as the feet stay off the floor automatic D :rolleyes:

Paks are just harder to teach and execute out of. I currently have 3 girls who compete Pak and a bunch of bails, 1 straddle back.
Straddle back, easy to teach and execute out of but hard to get bonus.
Bail, Hard to teach but easy to work out of
Pak, Hard to teach and hard to work out of.
Thats my opinion. When they start Shaps it will be easier to transition out, but until then, it's just a longer routine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back