National finals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

UGA2016

Proud Parent
Did anyone go this year? Also was wondering what happened to Jaimee Smith and Akeilah Ashman-Howe. 2 of the top girls in the level 2 age group and neither competed. Anyone know if they are injured?

I heard that Jaimee has quit gymnastics and Akielah has been injured. There were a few others missing from level 2 who have been injured as well.

I wondered too. They won't qualify for british squad next year now will they because they don't have a combined score?

We went and watched the last round of the level 3s and the level 2s

Yes ditto what chocolate said. Jamie is no longer doing gymnastics and Akeilah was injured.

yep Jamie moved to sapphire for a couple of weeks before stopping, and no combined score means no squad, they only way Akeilah would make squad is if Rochelle or Dave pull a few strings *not what you know who you know* kind of thing. Shouldn't happen but is possible

Well she won't be named to squad but they do often invite an extra one to attend squad for various reasons which makes sense, so they might do that with her once she is recovered.

Sorry to hear jamie has given up, she seemed to be doing so well. So many give up so young.

I had assumed with rochelle and david just having the baby and on parental leave that they weren't competing this year.

That is a shame about Jaimee, unfortunately gymnastics is such a tough sport. If I remember rightly didn't Becky Bell quit after becoming Level 4 all around champion? Or was that level 3? I guess some kids just find it too hard / too much pressure to stay at the top.

Didn't know David and Rochelle had a baby, that is very exciting. Wishing them a happy time as parents :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back