National Qualifiers

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Geoffrey Taucer

Staff member
Gold Membership
Coach
Gymnast
I will be leaving tomorrow for Colorado to compete in what will undeniably be the biggest meet I've ever competed in to date. This will be my first major meet as an elite, and my first serious shot at hitting the national stage.

I'll be competing against, among other people, Steven Legendre, Charlie Tamayo, and Joey Hagerty.

I'll try to get videos of my routines, and I'll post them here once I get them uploaded.

Anyway, I'll be getting to CO tomorrow, training thursday and friday, and competing saturday. I'll be first up on floor in the first rotation in the first session.

Wish me luck!

Best of luck GT, sending you the vault fairy (just don't tell the other guys as they'll want one!).

WHat a wonderful experience, I am sure you'll do great. WHat do you need to qualify, can you qualify on one apparatis?

Make sure you get a good night's sleep before that early session! Good luck!!! We know you'll do great...you have all of your CB family cheering you on!!!:D

WHat a wonderful experience, I am sure you'll do great. WHat do you need to qualify, can you qualify on one apparatis?

THere are two ways to qualify.

If I get top two on either floor or vault, I qualify to nationals.

The second way is by point total -- for each event, first place finisher gets 20 points, second gets 19, 3rd gets 18, and so on. The 21 people with the highest point totals at the end of the day qualify for nationals.

I'm unlikely to get in by points, since I'm only doing two events, but I think (I hope) that if I land my vault I have a shot at top 2 (albeit a pretty slim one).

Good Luck! It sounds like a great opportunity and who wouldn't want the chance to compete against some of the best gymnasts in the country?! Have fun, take it all in, and make sure to let us know how it goes. I can't wait for the videos.

Is this going to be at the OTC in Colorado Springs? Right now, we're having some hot weather in CO---at least for us. Supposed to be in the low 90s most of the week. Is this meet open to the public?

Good luck GT! What an amazing thing to be able to say you have done. I hope you have fun and do great!

GT - Best of luck! Beetle and I are cheering loudly from MN for you..

I am sure the Vault Fairies that Bog are sending will help lift you higher!

Have fun and enjoy the experience!

I'm unlikely to get in by points, since I'm only doing two events, but I think (I hope) that if I land my vault I have a shot at top 2 (albeit a pretty slim one).

Don't sell yourself short!! What an awesome accomplishment just to go! Go out there and make all of us CB-ers proud!! Can't wait to see the videos!

Is this going to be at the OTC in Colorado Springs? Right now, we're having some hot weather in CO---at least for us. Supposed to be in the low 90s most of the week. Is this meet open to the public?

Duh...... Went to the USAG site and saw the meet is at the OTC in C. Springs and it is open to the public for a slight fee.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back