Parents National TOPS testing

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GYM0M

Proud Parent
Just wanted to say good luck to all the gymmies at National TOPS testing this weekend!!!! My daughter (& teammates) have pretty much been either a basket case or zombies this week! I'm sure all these girls have worked really hard and I just want to remind everyone that as their parents, it is important that we stay calm, cool, & collected!!!!! I have made it an extra point this week that she knows that I have complete confidence in her and that no matter how the scores tally up, she will always be my favorite gymnast and I think she is amazing no matter what! (I should add that under most circumstances in gym and away from gym, my beautiful dd has no problem with self confidence or her self image. AND any pressure she is feeling is from her and ONLY her. Her coaches and her dad and I are probably being too supportive and overly positive!). I don't want to make light something that is so important to her, but at the same time, I do not want her to think that if she doesn't make a team, all is lost. It's very, very hard to pick through the brain of an 8 year old!!!!!!

Just wanted to say good luck to all the gymmies at National TOPS testing this weekend!!!! My daughter (& teammates) have pretty much been either a basket case or zombies this week! I'm sure all these girls have worked really hard and I just want to remind everyone that as their parents, it is important that we stay calm, cool, & collected!!!!! I have made it an extra point this week that she knows that I have complete confidence in her and that no matter how the scores tally up, she will always be my favorite gymnast and I think she is amazing no matter what! (I should add that under most circumstances in gym and away from gym, my beautiful dd has no problem with self confidence or her self image. AND any pressure she is feeling is from her and ONLY her. Her coaches and her dad and I are probably being too supportive and overly positive!). I don't want to make light something that is so important to her, but at the same time, I do not want her to think that if she doesn't make a team, all is lost. It's very, very hard to pick through the brain of an 8 year old!!!!!!

Good luck to your dd! My daughter did not make it to National testing. Unfortunately, her gym did not realize she turns 9 at the very end of the year and did not work to get her 9 year old skills. She will try again next year as a 10 year old. So hard to have an end of the year birthday with TOPs.

On our way from Wisconsin to Texas.

We just landed in New York...30 minutes and we'll be on the way to Texas. Very weird that our flight path is Wisconsin to New York to Texas?

Good luck to all the gymnasts who are testing!

I've had a flight once from So Ca to SF that went through Phoenix first. Strange.

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1412962859.440759.jpg

This is about it...didn't even get to get off the jet.

Getting ready to board the plane in about 1/2 hour. My dd is ready and anxious. We made it to testing last year but didn't make camp by a small margin. This time its looking like we are on track, watched the run through this morning and I'm very proud of what I saw. Good luck to everyone!

On our way from Wisconsin to Texas.

We just landed in New York...30 minutes and we'll be on the way to Texas. Very weird that our flight path is Wisconsin to New York to Texas?
Southwest, I'm assuming? Do you also flying back "through" somewhere like Denver or DC or Florida? Southwest is great for the price, but they do have a knack for turning what should be a 3 hour trip into a 7 hour one.

Very best wishes to all the girls testing this weekend! We are here too because my daughter has Developmental Camp next week. Her coach came down on Thursday with another one of our gymnasts for testing and will be staying till the end of camp next week. Therefore, I had to bring my daughter down so I decided to make a weekend out of it. She is thrilled to get to stay in a hotel for a couple days before she goes to the ranch.
Gopuckgo - did you see the donkeys? They are my daughter's favorite.

No, but we had a horse following us everywhere. It was a little scary after awhile. I was thinking oh god I hope he don't step on her foot before testing. Then of course she stepped in some questionable "dirt, hmmmm." We also saw a peacock and goats ( not sure, they were small and fenced in). It was fun, but hot, very hot.

No, but we had a horse following us everywhere. It was a little scary after awhile. I was thinking oh god I hope he don't step on her foot before testing. Then of course she stepped in some questionable "dirt, hmmmm." We also saw a peacock and goats ( not sure, they were small and fenced in). It was fun, but hot, very hot.
Ha - that questionable "dirt" does present challenges on what would otherwise be a perfect nature walk! We are at the ranch now as we found out that they would allow my daughter in to the gym to watch the testing. Of course I am not allowed in so I am sitting in the cafeteria catching up on email, chalkbucket, etc. and trying to stay dry!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back