WAG Nationals super team

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Now it would be nice to alternate the time zones for competiton.... making
The west coast compete on east coast time for 3 years in a row and in the same region is a little skewed ... come in USAG ...

Poor kids competing from Hawaii at 8AM = 2 AM back home! Ouch!

BTW, isn’t this pride/desire to win the super team award one of the reasons the regions don’t want to reshuffle for the sake of parity I qualifying for nationals?

Now it would be nice to alternate the time zones for competiton.... making
The west coast compete on east coast time for 3 years in a row and in the same region is a little skewed ... come in USAG ...

Poor kids competing from Hawaii at 8AM = 2 AM back home! Ouch!

BTW, isn’t this pride/desire to win the super team award one of the reasons the regions don’t want to reshuffle for the sake of parity I qualifying for nationals?
Once upon a time you got rewarded for it . So now it's just more or less an additional competiton. So coaches need to get over it and reshuffle . :)

Reactions: sce
For awhile I thought that Westerns/Easterns/JO Nationals all rotated between the regions that were involved in the competitions. To me it's pretty baffling that they don't. There is absolutely no reason that Region 1 shouldn't host on year, Region 2 the following, etc,

No region should have exclusivity on the location of a national meet year after year . They will say that no one will host it. This is not true!
I know that our gym owner has said that he will never bid to host regionals, westerns or nationals as they are not money makers for the host gym. One of the big gyms in our area hosted nationals about 5 years ago and ended up losing over $5,000. I do wish that they would announce where it is going to be next year, seems like they should have that figured out by now.

I don’t think there was a host gym this year? Everything I saw said it was hosted by USAG and the Cincinnati Sports Commission (or something like that).

I don’t think there was a host gym this year? Everything I saw said it was hosted by USAG and the Cincinnati Sports Commission (or something like that).
I think you are correct, same with Westerns, it wasn't hosted by a gym but by the host city or something like that. I think that they are having a hard time finding gyms to host it due to not being a money maker for gyms so they are reaching out to city's and chambers of commerce to help host.

Congrats to Region 1 - they looked amazing! To clarify, Nationals has only been in Region 5 the past 2 years since there have been no gyms willing to host. It was in Region 3 (Metroplex) the year before and Region 4 (Chows) the year before that.

Congrats to Region 1 - they looked amazing! To clarify, Nationals has only been in Region 5 the past 2 years since there have been no gyms willing to host. It was in Region 3 (Metroplex) the year before and Region 4 (Chows) the year before that.[/QUOTE
It will be in 5 again , just watch . And there are gyms willing to host if USAG is willing to to cut them in on some money

I feel like, "no one wants to host" is the easy out that can encompass a number of meanings (USAG isn't giving incentive to host or having a host far from USAG headquarters would be more of an inconvenience). I'm sure there are lots of gyms that are interested and completely capable of hosting an amazing meet if they are given appropriate incentives and the opportunity.

I feel like, "no one wants to host" is the easy out that can encompass a number of meanings (USAG isn't giving incentive to host or having a host far from USAG headquarters would be more of an inconvenience). I'm sure there are lots of gyms that are interested and completely capable of hosting an amazing meet if they are given appropriate incentives and the opportunity.
Exactly , People love to host if they make a little money. people need to start asking where the money is going. Anyone think USAg

No region should have exclusivity on the location of a national meet year after year . They will say that no one will host it. This is not true!
I am cool with it being in Indy every year. But that is being selfish because it is only a three hour drive and a great city to host the event.

I know that our gym owner has said that he will never bid to host regionals, westerns or nationals as they are not money makers for the host gym. One of the big gyms in our area hosted nationals about 5 years ago and ended up losing over $5,000. I do wish that they would announce where it is going to be next year, seems like they should have that figured out by now.
We made a LOT of money hosting in Des Moines. It can be done

If anyone remembers nationals being held In Long Beach it was incredible . Felt like a national meet (not like the last two). Kids came on the floor in limos ! Probably the best run national meet . it was exciting lively etc... had a great feeling to it.

That Long Beach JO's was 2011, which was the last time the meet was held in the Pacific or Mountain time zones. Have a very hard time buying the “no one else willing to host” argument. So Salt Lake City(or any city that has hosted Westerns in the last 8 years) was willing to host Westerns but NOT JO's?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back