Parents NC Xcel State Team- Anyone real familiar w/ qualification rules?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymbeam

Proud Parent
This is a spin-off of a thread in the Xcel group, but since there is more traffic here, thought I'd pose the question here, too.

Does anyone have a good understanding of who makes State Team in North Carolina Xcel? (Bronze & Silver specifically, if that matters.)

If so, I have questions :) Thanks!

I believe it is the same for all states in Region 8. If so, the state team is composed of the top 6AA from state meet, regardless of age group.

oh yeah? only 6 people total compromise each states team? boooo. the wording on nc-usagymnastics.org had me hopeful it was top 6 in each division.

There is only one state team competition session at regionals for each level- so 6 girls per state for a total of 48. However, all the gymnasts that make the qualifying score can compete as all stars.

oh yeah? only 6 people total compromise each states team? boooo. the wording on nc-usagymnastics.org had me hopeful it was top 6 in each division.
For Level 8 regionals, they do be age group... and award team awards in each age group.

For Xcel, that would mean requiring all the states in the region to use the same age cut-offs at their state meets... but they try to make the groups more even than a mandated age group might leave.

For Level 8 regionals, they do be age group... and award team awards in each age group.

For Xcel, that would mean requiring all the states in the region to use the same age cut-offs at their state meets... but they try to make the groups more even than a mandated age group might leave.

I'm not sure what region you are in, but In Region 8 (OP's region), L8 they actually do it like the Xcel- one session of state team competition for the level with the top 8 regardless of age and then they divide that session into 3 age groups for individual awards. The rest of the L8 qualifiers compete as all stars in age group sessions, but there is no team competition for them.

I'm not sure what region you are in, but In Region 8 (OP's region), L8 they actually do it like the Xcel- one session of state team competition for the level with the top 8 regardless of age and then they divide that session into 3 age groups for individual awards. The rest of the L8 qualifiers compete as all stars in age group sessions, but there is no team competition for them.
I'm in Region 5. Our State USAG was all over FB announcing the team placements for EVERY age group, lol.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back