WAG NCAA’s new recruiting rules

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I have no idea. I’ve not made any representations whatsoever on any college commitments. It was GAgymmom who has misunderstood college commitment announcements. She saw posts announcing commitments and she incorrectly assumed the year listed following the school name indicated when they will be joining the team and not their class year.
Just stop, good grief. I know what I'm talking about. I know what they've always posted. I didn't misunderstand anything. Condescension is not appealing.

I looked back at my posts and perhaps I did not explain myself clearly. GAgymmom has NOT provided anything that supports what she is saying. In response to one of my posts, she attached an instagram post by a Maddie McMullen which she purports supports her contention that college commits have always listed the college they’ve committed followed by the year they are to start college. But the instagram post she attached was not even a college commitment announcement, merely a post that states this gymnast is a Level 10 gymnast. See the attachment. I believe GAgymmom drew a circle on what she thought supported her argument.
Oh. My. Word. I drew a circle around her high school graduation date, supporting my statement that the gymnasts typically list their senior year in High school, then if they are a future commit they list "Future _____" and the first year of their college competition. Because they would not put "Future ____" and then put the end of their college years, because that is a contradiction--it would no longer be future, it would be past. Why would they put "Future LSU gymnast 2025" when that would be the end of their gymnastics at college, not the beginning? It should say "Future LSU gymnast 2021" if that is when they start, or 2021-2025.
As for the snarky way you are posting about me, you need to stop. I am not an idiot. I also did not claim to be posting any "proof" of any early commits, just that I saw some dates posted that didn't line up with the new rules.

And here are 2 photos that show exactly what I’m talking about. And as I said in the first line of this thread: “I’ll probably regret posting this...” And I was right.

Attachments

• 4F1A879D-C002-4644-9C3A-292ABB846B8E.jpeg
    4F1A879D-C002-4644-9C3A-292ABB846B8E.jpeg
    820.6 KB · Views: 64
  • 53F1DEFD-297E-40F5-B030-A622B1A2FCA7.jpeg
    53F1DEFD-297E-40F5-B030-A622B1A2FCA7.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 62
Can you explain to me why this is not legit??? Show me where in the new rules it states that this is not okay.

Since club coaches are still allowed to talk to college coaches early, it’s likely not technically against the new rules. But, it seems that even you and the gym realize that it can appear questionable and shady to bring in a coach specifically to watch a group of way underage girls, which is why I’m guessing the juniors and seniors were added to the equation after the fact. Are the juniors and seniors who will be attending already committed?

Since club coaches are still allowed to talk to college coaches early, it’s likely not technically against the new rules. But, it seems that even you and the gym realize that it can appear questionable and shady to bring in a coach specifically to watch a group of way underage girls, which is why I’m guessing the juniors and seniors were added to the equation after the fact. Are the juniors and seniors who will be attending already committed?
No they are not committed. And there are multiple coaches coming in the next month, this one just happened to be scheduled to come on a day when not all the gymnasts practice. It was the only time this particular coach could come. Nothing underhanded.

I read her post to mean the college coach was coming to the practice that is usually just the hopes/junior elite athletes. And she already posted that the juniors and seniors were not committed. You can always assume shady motive if you wish. I read it as giving the juniors and seniors(who are likely level 9's and 10's) the opportunity to attend the hopes/junior elite practice so they can show their stuff to the college coach too.

Moving on. Locking the thread. Feel free to start a new one with new issues.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back