Welcome Gymnastics Fans!

ChalkBucket was created in September of 2005 to help everyone learn more about gymnastics.

Joining ChalkBucket not only allows you access to the main forums... but also to our "Social Groups". Around 25% of our conversations now happen in the "Social Groups" which are only available to members.

NCAA Camps

Discussion in 'Men's Artistic Gymnastics (MAG)' started by jenjean70, May 29, 2018.

1. I have seen this posted before and I am probably too late to do anything this year but I want my son to start visiting gymnastics camps at various colleges so he can get a feel for the campus and do gymnastics at the same time. What camps have you experienced and what colleges offer gymnastics camps? Thanks in advance! :)

2. We haven’t done any, but I do know that Ohio State and Penn State both have camps and I think Springfield College does one also.

3. My boys went to the Ohio State one over thanksgiving break (1 1/2 days) and are going back for the summer. They LOVED it. It was serious work and they were exhausted but the coaches were amazing. Theirs is just a day camp though so we stay in Columbus for the week (husband and I went to school there so good excuse to go visit).

They want to do the overnight one at Michigan next year. A friend of mine coaches the girls there and says the camp is great. But I have to convince my hardcore Buckeye husband to let the boys go into enemy territory ;)

There may be space still at Ohio State. The thanksgiving camp did not fill up.

4. My Aunt and cousins live in Ohio- where is Ohio state?

5. My dad loves the illinois camp. Iowa, oklahoma, Minnesota and Stanford all have camps too.

6. Columbus

7. California has a camp. I believe there is still space in that one.

8. Someone mentioned Springfield College. A young man from DD gym is on the team at Springfield. Does anyone have anything they could offer to educate me about Springfield?

9. My son has gone to Stanford Camp a few times. This year he is also going to Air Force Academy. Both session of Stanford have space for non-resident campers. So your son could go this year, if you came with and got a hotel.

jenjean70 likes this.
  10. When is he coming? Are you coming?

M2Abi and sce like this.
  11. What do you think of that camp? It looks intense which is good. My son doesn't really want to go to any camps where he is away from home- hes moy adventerous....but I want him to get a feel for different college campuses so when the time comes he can make an informed decision. :)

12. stanford is a large camp, so lots of groups broken up by level and often age, which is nice. Half the time is spent on basics. Not too intense, but a lot of gymnastics. Swimming every afternoon and fun activities in the evening. They also do a campus tour and a session about the road to college gymnastics.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice