WAG NCAA championships - how long are the meets?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ali'sMom

Proud Parent
Can anyone tell me how long the semi finals should be?
Going to both sessions and trying to plan ahead whether we should just try and find somewhere to eat around the convention center or go ahead back to our hotel (15 minutes away).
I've tried to googlemap some places to eat within walking distances but the few cool-but-not-crazy-expensive looking places are bars that don't allow kids :(

thank you in advance!

The regional meets took 3.5 hours with 6 teams...
The regional I watched took just under 3 hours from introductions to final competitor, waiting for final results and awards tacked on another half. 3 hours probably is a better estimate of semis at nationals.

Can anyone tell me how long the semi finals should be?
Going to both sessions and trying to plan ahead whether we should just try and find somewhere to eat around the convention center or go ahead back to our hotel (15 minutes away).
I've tried to googlemap some places to eat within walking distances but the few cool-but-not-crazy-expensive looking places are bars that don't allow kids :(

thank you in advance!

Plenty of kid friendly places that you will have time to walk to between sessions! I made the walk to Five Guys Burger & Fries in between sessions last year. Also enjoyed the food at Taco Diner right on Sundance Square, and I don't recall is being overly pricey. Cheesecake Factory is also up that direction. Pretty much any restaurant around that area you will be able to get to without any issues.

Thank you all!
I imagined that we could walk around and find something, but with it being just she and me, I didn't want to assume, you know?

Looking forward to it!!

And I would try to make a reservation at a place for dinner afterwards because everyone pouring out of the arena will be thinking the same thing... Food!

We made a reservation for after regionals at a restaurant and it ran late and we called and asked it be pushed out and the manager was great because we were already in the system....you could try going on Open Table and see if anything near the site takes a reservation.

And I would try to make a reservation at a place for dinner afterwards because everyone pouring out of the arena will be thinking the same thing... Food!

We made a reservation for after regionals at a restaurant and it ran late and we called and asked it be pushed out and the manager was great because we were already in the system....you could try going on Open Table and see if anything near the site takes a reservation.
Thank you for that!
At least the first day, we will probably head to our hotel to grab a bite, as we will be starting our day at 5am :eek:o_O

There is free public transportation called Molly the Trolley that took us from out hotel (The Omni) to Sundance square and picked us up again. It also wasn't a bad walk to the The Cheesecake Factory or The Flying Saucer (a cool bar that does allow kids).

Plenty of kid friendly places that you will have time to walk to between sessions! I made the walk to Five Guys Burger & Fries in between sessions last year. Also enjoyed the food at Taco Diner right on Sundance Square, and I don't recall is being overly pricey. Cheesecake Factory is also up that direction. Pretty much any restaurant around that area you will be able to get to without any issues.
I need to stop reading this. Five Guys is making me hungry!

Cheesecake Factory is also up that direction.

It also wasn't a bad walk to the The Cheesecake Factory or The Flying Saucer (a cool bar that does allow kids).
Oh my god, I love the Cheesecake Factory! It is my favorite restaurant of all time. However, I have to warn you that they do not do reservations. bookworm has mentioned a great strategy about reserving beforehand, but Cheesecake Factory just doesn't do it. :(

Oh my god, I love the Cheesecake Factory! It is my favorite restaurant of all time. However, I have to warn you that they do not do reservations. bookworm has mentioned a great strategy about reserving beforehand, but Cheesecake Factory just doesn't do it. :(
Yes, this is SO irritating, and I can't figure out WHY.
To combat this, I call in my family's order ahead of time, pick it up, take it home... we light candles and have our own nice bottle of vino that we don't have to pay a corkage fee for....;)
...and why can't they sell sample 'bites' of that d*** cheesecake?
We now take you back to the following thread in progress....:oops:...mmmm....chhheeesecake...:rolleyes:

I'm laughing that my thread has people salivating - LOL!!!

I do thank everyone for their help!
Friday's lunch between sessions will be the Flying Saucer, dinner after the 2nd semi will most likely be snacks at the hotel.
Saturday's lunch/dinner just might be cheesecake factory before the finals :)

Now that I've got meals planned...
Home tonight to cut and tie the sides of our Gators shirts, and hope DD doesn't mess them up, at T minus 36 hours before flight...

So all of my research and plans were for naught...
Right next to the convention center there was an art festival going on - complete with a music stage and food and drink tents.
DD didn't want to stray far from the center, for fear of not being part of the first group in the doors when they opened... so, we grabbed food there, and sat and listened to the music for a bit before all three sessions.
So a weekend in Fort Worth, and I saw the equivalent of half of a city block - LOL!

But I thank you all for your help! (I really did want to get to the Flying Saucer! But at least the festival did have a beer tent ;))

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back