WAG NCAA Regionals

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

wandrewsjr

Coach
Proud Parent
Does anyone know why no school in the west or south central region is hosting this year?

Hosts
North East - Michigan
South East - Georgia
Central - Alabama
North Central - Utah and Minnesota and Iowa
South Central - NONE
West - NONE

It makes for an awfully eastern half of the country centric competition. I know that the top rank teams are used to having to travel to balance the seeds, but the lower ranked teams in the western half are going to have to do A LOT more travel than those in the midest/east coast.

I guess I would consider Utah as a western state (at least as far west as Michigan is east), but it seems odd to have regionals in MN and Iowa and then GA and AL as they are close to each other.

Utah would be considered West for sure. Michigan is not NE but mid-west along with Iowa and Minnesota. That is more off-balanced than the others.

The regions I listed are the official designated regions by NCAA. Here are all the schools in each region(I'm just listing the D1 schools):

WEST - UCLA,Boise St,Stanford,Oregon St,UC Berkley,Washington,Sacramento St,UC Davis,San Jose St,Alaska

SOUTH CENTRAL - Oklahoma,Arkansa,Nebraska,Missouri,Illinois-Cham,Arizona,Northern Illinois,Arizona St,SE Missouri,Illinois St

NORTH CENTRAL - Utah,Denver,Minnesota,Southern Utah,Iowa,Utah St,BYU, Iowa St,Air Force

CENTRAL - Alabama,LSU,Aurburn,Kentucky,Eastern Mich,Ohio St,Central Mich,WEstern Mich,Kent State,Mich St,Bowling Green,Ball State

NORTH EAST - Michigan,New Hampshire,Penn State,Cornell,Rutgers,Pittsburgh,Brown,Pennsylvania,Yale,Temple

SOUTH EAST - Florida,Georgia,George Washington,WEst Virginia,Maryland,NC State,Towson,North Carolina,William&Mary

Does anyone know why no school in the west or south central region is hosting this year?

Hosts
North East - Michigan
South East - Georgia
Central - Alabama
North Central - Utah and Minnesota and Iowa
South Central - NONE
West - NONE

It makes for an awfully eastern half of the country centric competition. I know that the top rank teams are used to having to travel to balance the seeds, but the lower ranked teams in the western half are going to have to do A LOT more travel than those in the midest/east coast.

email Greg Marsden and ask him. he'll give you the real and honest answer. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back