NCAA Season 2020-21

Muddlethru

Proud Parent
Mar 16, 2011
Country
USA
Has anyone been informed what their daughter’s colleges/universities will be doing for the upcoming year?

There’s no word at all for us. It will be devastating to lose a whole year. My daughter is a rising sophomore. With her first year cut short and second year still uncertain, it is disconcerting. Don’t know how they’ll get back after a year if sports are cancelled and no practice is available.

Did ChalkBucket help you?... help us too.

If you can't help financially... tell a friend about us!

B&M's mom

Proud Parent
Sep 4, 2010
Country
USA
My daughter dives for her college team. She's still waiting as well. All we know is that the university will follow the NCAA rules/guidelines which I looked at and aren't really helpful.

gymgal

Proud Parent
Aug 22, 2008
Country
USA
dd is D3. No word yet here either. My thoughts? Since D3 sports don't make much/any money, it seems more likely than D1 to just scrap the whole year. With the majority of the D3s being smaller self-contained campuses, they can reduce their exposure by keeping the students on campus, not letting teams travel. Practices are another matter. I anticipate they will allow these in some fashion - likely with split practices to reduce numbers, just like for classes

Reactions: Muddlethru

gymmom10

Proud Parent
Dec 16, 2012
Country
USA
I think everyone is in the same boat, hoping that there will be a season. I know for my daughter that practice will start though we will have to see how the fall goes. I think that there is a lot that will happen before it even gets to our season and football will determine a lot of it.

Thank you for supporting our sponsors Energym Music & Norberts!