Need a Little Luck

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymmomntc2e6

Moderator/Proud Parent
Hi all -

DD hurt her wrist doing a ROBHS on the tumble track Thurs night. Of course she didn't tell anyone at the time. It was not until we got home and she was doing homework (of course it is the hand she writes with) that she started to cry and say it was "cramping up".

While after a weekend of R.I.C.E it is not any better. There is no swelling, no bruising. But, she cannot grip anything well, if she does not have a brace on it she walks around holding it with the other hand. The only time it does not hurt is if she has the wrist brace on and she makes it real tight.

Looks like she will miss her 'State' Meet on Saturday (her L3 finale) :(

I am going to get her a doctor appt today.

Time for the doctor for sure. Don't rule out states yet, she may be fine by then. I've sent the healing fairy down to you.

Last edited:
Oh, man. So sorry to hear about that. Hope it settles down and maybe it will be nothing.;) Hope she feels better soon.

Big fat bummer! But like Bog said, it may be better by Sat. We are all rootin' for speedy healing for her! :eek:

I really hope it is nothing and it is all better by Saturday - but I would definitely get it checked out.

I am so sorry!:( Hopefully you have good news from the doctor today. We are crossing all fingers and toes that your DD feels better very quickly!

Sorry to hear your DD is injured:( I hope it's nothing too serious & she's feeling better later in the week. Let us know what the doctor finds(or doesn't find hopefully;)). Healing vibes coming your way.....:goodvibes:.

:mad: Oh no, I always hate to hear things like this... as bog said, don't rule it out just yet. Maybe it is something simple that a little more R.I.C.E. will cure.

Sending the Watch over her fairy for a good report from the doc. Let us know how it goes...

I am so sorry to hear about her wrist:(. Hopefully it is maybe just a little sprained, and will improve within the next few days. Good thing she is going to the doctor to make sure, though.

I'll send some healing wishes your way:)!

Update

Well, She broke the growth plate in her left arm just near her wrist. She will be in a cast for 4 - 6 weeks.

I just had her scratched from her 'State' meet :(

Thanks for all of your well wishes. I guess we can take on all the 'get well' fairies we can find !!

:( Sending lots of wrist healing fairies your way. I hope she isn't too disappointed about missing her state meet.

Oh no, the poor little thing. I feel so sad for her, she has worked so hard for this.

I will send the get well soon and take away the sadness fairy.

Here are some hugs for her ((((((( hugs))))))).:(

Thank goodness you took her to the dr.

So very sorry to hear about dd's wrist. Glad you did get her seen and have a diagnosis although not one you really wanted to hear. Hope you can still make this weekend special for her.

Lots of feel better/get well soon fairy dust coming her way!

So very sorry to hear about dd's wrist. Glad you did get her seen and have a diagnosis although not one you really wanted to hear. Hope you can still make this weekend special for her.

Lots of feel better/get well soon fairy dust coming her way!

Thanks - she is talking about going to the meet to cheer her teammates on. We may have to choose though - We have two going at 10:00 and the group DD was in @ noon. She is closer to one of the girls in the lower age group - they have been together longer. We will see.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this! I know she must be disappointed! :(

Hope she heals well, and quickly. She'll be back at it in no time & she will surely be excited to start preparing for the next level! Tell her we are rooting for her!

And good for her, to want to cheer her teammates on at States, even though she cannot compete herself. Now that is a sign of a good sport, and a level- headed young lady! ;)

Oh no. I hope that she heals quickly. What a sweety for wanting to go cheer for her teammates. Lots of heal quick vibes going out to your DD.

So sorry to hear it was not good news. It is so sweet that you plan on attending state so she can cheer her teammates on... Make it a special day & let her know how much more awesome & powerful she will be with all of the leg conditioning she can do now. Sending lots of Get well fast wishes to your dd. And the "May she come back better then ever" fairy too.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back