Need advice on ceiling heights

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

V

VA Gym Coach

Hello all,

I am curious to see opinions on what you feel is a safe minimum ceiling height for a trampoline bed. My trampoline bed sits three feet off the ground.

I am a new business getting started and seeking the opinions of others has been a great help to me. I will have a recreational gymnastics program with lower level teams coming after. I know the competitive requirement is something like 26 feet but I don't plan on having anyone of that caliber training on my tramp beds!

If you are just starting out, why limit the possibilities? If you don't have a 26 feet ceiling then you can never have a person of that caliber training unless you move. If you get the ceiling anyway, you have that option

Hello all,

I am curious to see opinions on what you feel is a safe minimum ceiling height for a trampoline bed. My trampoline bed sits three feet off the ground.

I am a new business getting started and seeking the opinions of others has been a great help to me. I will have a recreational gymnastics program with lower level teams coming after. I know the competitive requirement is something like 26 feet but I don't plan on having anyone of that caliber training on my tramp beds!

you don't say what the distance is to the bottom of your roof deck or the joists just beneath that. if it's 20, and you have a string bed, i can still and could bounce up the 17 feet to hit your deck in approx 4 bounces. maybe you rethink this. you can always go to the landlord and tell him to revise the roof and put in a raised box. cheap and easy of you don't plan on moving.:)

and by the way, i'm assuming your frame must be sunk at least a foot. there is no such thing as a 3 foot clearance to the bottom of a trampoline frame. not a real trampoline anyway.

Black poly bed or "hot" bed?

What is the height from floor to lowest object on ceiling above the trampoline area?

Can you put your tramp in ground?

We've ordered a 40 inch black poly bed from DGS. We went with the 40 inch because we do have lower ceilings than a typical gym. At our highest, our ceiling is 15 - 16 ft tall

well then. you said 3 feet off the ground. now put a 5 foot tall person and that makes 8 feet off the ground. this leaves 7-8 feet to hit the roof deck. my old body could hit that in 3 bounces on a poly bed. bad idea. if you're just using it for flip flops and such i don't see a problem. if more than that i see a problem.

consider the 5 foot tall person 7-8 feet from the bed. he/she does a lifter tuck back 6 feet from the bed. when he/she is upside down and ascending this person 'kicks' out 3 feet of legs. that puts their feet 1 foot on the other side of the roof.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back