WAG Need happy stories - Bar changes

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

L9 bars is just a completely different animal as others have said. DD tried several release moves over the years that were complicated by growth spurts and injuries. It takes time and patient/understanding coaches -- just trust the process. BTW, DD said the overshoot was the scariest skill she ever competed.

Thank you for the above. The standard is so high here that for those kids not at super gyms or regions with selections of excellent gyms and coaches it often seems like a defeat to not have the skills. Any kid that makes to to 9 I feel is a talent no matter what combination that they are (or are not) doing.

Thanks again to all for helping keep in real in my mind, the struggle this time of year is an exhausting one to parent - even when you keep your words and thoughts to yourself.
I cannot like this enough. We do not have any “super gyms” in our state and it is not for lack of talent. These girls are doing the best they can with what is available, and it is indeed a big accomplishment to make it to level 9 with very limited resources. Thanks for the reminder!

I wished my DD would have spent more time in the lower levels instead of going from L4-L9/Hopes in four years.

Going into the upcoming season we focus on purely having fun and making memories because the gymnastics will fade one day.

Thanks for this info. My daughter almost skipped a level this year but is staying at the lower level. Sometimes I get frustrated that is going so slowly but I also try and remind myself that all this work on perfect form at the lower levels will pay off. Plus, she gets to be super successful.

My kid is a lowly L8, who just recently is catching toe catches. They are all superstars...... for doing what they do

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back