WAG Need Help finding Gym in CT

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

So someone recommended asking about Gyms in CT. I am looking for unbiased thoughts of a few gyms. ABC-SHORELINE, IN Niantic
CAMPBELL'S IN Clinton
NEW ERA in Hamden
CGA Wallingford
IN FLIGHT IN North Haven

CGA and NEGX would be the only 2 I would consider if I had a daughter heading to upper level optionals ( levels 9 & 10)...I am not familiar with any of the gyms and Xcel.

Agree with the others about CGA. American Gymnastics (in Plantsville) looked to have some strong gymnasts at all levels at States this year but that may be too far north of the area you are looking.

Gymnastics revolution in Danbury? Not too far away from where you are talking about.

American Gymnastics has a pretty decent gym for all levels, that is where I came from. CGA and NEGX are very good for optional levels. In Flight, in north haven, is actually my new head coaches fathers gym. Not a fan, but thats just me. Campbells doesn't have as great gymnasts, but still decent. Gym Revolution is an ok gym, very friendly from what I've heard. PM for more info on American or any YMCA's (and to find out where I go, maybe we'll meet up sometime!)

Oh and New Era has a good boys team, but not so hot of a girls team. Equipment isn't to great either, but very friendly stafff.

Can you narrow down where in CT? Some of the gyms mentioned are hours away from each other. There is also Arena in Stamford (SW part if the state) which has produced some good gymnasts. And Dearys is very far north.These gyms all have very different cultures as well. Depending on where you are in CT there are some NY gyms that are in driving distance.

Johns academy of gymnastics is also a very good gym! Forgot to mention them before. Maybe pm me where in CT, for the reasons lizzielac said.

We are right on the shore in SE CT (dead middle of state). The gyms I mentioned are all within 10-35 mins....no one ever gave info on ABC....

I would suggest checking out the state website. http://www.ctusagym.org/
You can look at state meet results - all levels have had states by now. Good data there. Unfortunately, they no longer have past year's results because they redesigned the site.

There is also a link to all of the gyms in the state, their addresses and websites. This should allow you to look even outside of your target area. Good luck!

CGA has a very good reputation for producing good optionals.
That's true ^. I have a friend who goes there.
It depends what you're looking for, though. There are also some pretty strong YMCA programs in CT. You can PM me if that sounds like something you'd be interested in.
Arena is also a very strong program, not sure about environment though, I've heard it's pretty... um... "intense" if you will. I've seen New Era at meets and it might be worth it to look into, but definitely not my top reccommendation. It also depends where you live and how far you're willing to drive. Good luck!

That's true ^. I have a friend who goes there.
It depends what you're looking for, though. There are also some pretty strong YMCA programs in CT. You can PM me if that sounds like something you'd be interested in.
Arena is also a very strong program, not sure about environment though, I've heard it's pretty... um... "intense" if you will. I've seen New Era at meets and it might be worth it to look into, but definitely not my top reccommendation. It also depends where you live and how far you're willing to drive. Good luck!
I completely agree! I am in a very strong YMCA program! I have a friend who goes to arena... her coaches are very...tough.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back