WAG Need ideas for creative awards.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Aero

Coach
Our team lock-in is being held two Saturdays from now, and the girls are so excited! Literally, they ask me every day about it, hahaha! :D

Anyways, I want to hold an award ceremony for girls with unique titles. For example, most improved, funniest, strongest, best leaps, etc. However, it's a bit difficult to think of things for each girl (there are 12 girls on the team). There is one girl who fits most of the categories related to skill since she is a beautiful gymnast with tons of talent, so I feel like I can't have too many related to skill since she would get almost all of them. Any ideas? I know I'll get a lot of good ideas from you guys!

So far I have:
  • Most Improved
  • Funniest/Silliest
  • Strongest
  • Most Flexible
  • Most Mentally Strong
  • Quietest
  • Best form/Artistry
Would any of these not be a good idea? I want each girl to feel special that night, because they are.

Most supportive, most team spirit..
Yes! Great idea. That might be the most important one. Also, what about team leader? Or most creative... Best/quickest at taking correction...best meet HAIR?! (Ok, that would be a parent award, and one that I'd covet...lol) I love that you're doing this! Great idea...good luck!!! Let us know your final list! :)

Yep not quiet.

Hardest conditioner
Most fearless
Best Dancer
Best negotiator (you know the one who always tries to get out of doing something)
Most chatty
Are their any specific smaller skills they do to credit (I'm thinking like that body wave in l4). So best body wave
Best smile

Also different types of gymnasts so maybe that direction
Most elegant
Most fierce
Most.rythym

Wanted to add, stay away from physical traits regarding body image. As sometimes girls have convuluted logic. Oh so and so got cutest so I must not be.

I would plot out each kids positives with a few adjectives and tailor so each kid has a award.

You could also have each kid write a postitive about all the others................... and share that with each of them.

Agree with avoiding physical attributes like Cute or Small. I actually always loved when mine got Hardest Worker. How about:

Best Competitor
Best Leader
Best Role Model
Best Sportsmanship

You probably break up your form and artistry into different awards (to me artistry is more about grace and form is about being tight).

The only one on your list that kinda struck me funny was "most mentally strong"...how are you measuring that...there may be girls on that team with issues unknown to you that are soldiering through practices and meets and that would be mentally strong ...or there's the kid who has 3 falls on beam and then goes on to do a great floor and is mentally strong.....I just think it would be a tough one to isolate one kid as.....

Trying to think about some awards we give- most improved, most reliable, most perserverance, most enthusiastic, most team spirit

So.e of these may have been said. But here we go:
Best listener
Most inspirational/come back kid (coming back from injury or rough mental times)
Best sportsmanship/team spirit (cheering others, efc)
Coaches assistant (one you can always count on to help with mats, etc)
Most punctual (you could say not just how important it is, but make a joke about how she must camp out there at night waiting for you to appear)
***I am obviously not listing the obvious ones here like most improved, etc***
I personally like "most organized," and you can discuss how important this is and how it transfers to all areas of life...
Most independent (doesn't need coach standing there to do skills)
Dare Devil Diva (no fear, goes for the new skills...you don't have to say it is before she is really ready, lol)
"Positive polly" award (best attitude)
Most considerate.
What have you got so far, and how many more do you need?

Love the Best Meet Hair and best Dancer ones that were suggested.

Here are a few others:
Leadership Award
Best personality
Best Vaulter (could also do beamer, bar worker, etc.)
Best Floor Routine
Best Friend (for the gymnast that is a friend to everyone.)
Future coach (for those little gymmies who are great at spotting corrections and sometimes like to correct their teammates lol.)
Best Dressed (for the gymmie with a closet full of snazzy leos)
Fastest runner
Daredevil award (I think this one has been mentioned with a little bit of a different name.)
Sassypants award (for the gymnast who really loves to showcase their personality in their routines.)
Best Smile (for the gymnast that always smiles at the judges)

Love the Best Meet Hair and best Dancer ones that were suggested.

Here are a few others:
Leadership Award
Best personality
Best Vaulter (could also do beamer, bar worker, etc.)
Best Floor Routine
Best Friend (for the gymnast that is a friend to everyone.)
Future coach (for those little gymmies who are great at spotting corrections and sometimes like to correct their teammates lol.)
Best Dressed (for the gymmie with a closet full of snazzy leos)
Fastest runner
Daredevil award (I think this one has been mentioned with a little bit of a different name.)
Sassypants award (for the gymnast who really loves to showcase their personality in their routines.)
Best Smile (for the gymnast that always smiles at the judges)
I love all these except for best dressed, as we have two girls who are financially not as fortunate and literally own two leos...if your gym doesn't have that worry, then I guess it could be co sidered. At ours I know it could be an upsetting award.

...and if I recall, the girls all have to have the same meet hair, which wouldEan I could never have my kid at aero's gym...the style was beautiful...and very challenging to the inept parent (that would be me!):D

I love all these except for best dressed, as we have two girls who are financially not as fortunate and literally own two leos...if your gym doesn't have that worry, then I guess it could be co sidered. At ours I know it could be an upsetting award.

Oh I agree if that was the case then I would definitely not do that award.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back