WAG need ideas for cutesy (ugh) floor music

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I had teammates use score music from the movie "Chicken Run", "Friend Like Me", and something by Elvis. My old coach cuts all her own music and looks through instrumental music/move scores on itunes and youtube. I used "Born This Way" by Lady Gaga when I was 16 actually.

My older dd used "Friend Like Me" from Aladdin when she was a little Level 7 - we've also seen some really cute ones to "I dream of Genie" theme... I've also seen cute routines to "Puppet on a String" like someone else said. (I'm going to date myself but I think of American Anthem every time I hear it!) There is a cute one called "Trashin' the Camp" and a really cute "Winnie the Pooh" both on Floor Express Music...

I like My Favorite Things- it begins traditional then gets jazzy. I think it is on either energym or Floor Music Express

I've got two arrangements I did for floor routines that nobody ended up using: "Short People" and the theme from "Rugrats;" I can absolutely guarantee you that nobody else will be using either of these tracks (since I never released them anywhere). PM me if you want them, and I'll see if I still have them somewhere.

I really liked a routine I saw a couple of years ago using Hey Mickey. Not sure where it came from but it really got everyones attention for sure!! I don't think its the one on floor express. This video even though you can't hear it clearly is the version I think.

I really liked a routine I saw a couple of years ago using Hey Mickey. Not sure where it came from but it really got everyones attention for sure!! I don't think its the one on floor express.
That is a cute, but not too cutesy song.

That second Baby Elephant Walk it pretty fantastic. I see how it can have cute choreography but the music is quite jazzy.

Yes Baby Elephant Walk is a great idea. I also like Trashin the Camp. The one that came to my mind first is Jump in the Line.

I think puppet on a string is becoming overdone with the young optionals. My daughter is in that age group so I'm drawn to watching the littles in general and I've seen lots of routines to that one. Granted it is a choreographer's dream with all the possibilities but still might not want to go with that one if you are desiring originality.

On floor express music I have seen 2 cute pieces to Annie and the song Lollipop. Acroanna and simplyliv on YouTube have great routines to those pieces.

Has she picker her music yet. I hope you found something that meets the cutesy requirement but is tolerable for you to listen to as well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back