need major hair help!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

O

onedream

ok so, we all know the high ponytail, the ballet bun, the braid bun etc... I need something new and fun for practices or meets. have any Ideas!? I REALLY appreciate it. (I have long hair that goes down to a little less then mid- back) thank you!! :D

Can you french braid and fishtail? if so I love this hairstyle I'm actually wearing it now what I did was combed all my hair over to my left side like I was going to do a side pony on my left side then i did a small front french braid (mainly using my fringe) then once i did that i combed my hair over to the other side and did a right sided pony with the braid on the other side coming around the back into it, I then fishtailed the pony tail and added a ribbon :D things like doing 3 small french braids back into a pony or 5 plaits (braids) back into a pony. You could part your hair in half but have the part slightly off centre then do 1 twist braid either side back into a pony. Now this one i really love what you do is put your hair into a ponytail and then split the pony into 3 parts 2 very small and one quite large then just plait down it looks awesome, such an interesting plait :D goodluck

I am hair-challenged, but last year I asked our hairdresser if she could teach me something cute and simple for DD's hair. I don't think I have a good picture but let me see if I can discribe it. It's a little bit like a french braid without the braid. I use those little tiny ponytail rubber bands and I use them in alternating colors that match her competition leo (pink and black). Pull back front hair (bang area) in a ponytail, go back a couple more inches, pull back that hair (taking from the sides too), and make another ponytail, encorporating the tail of the first ponytail in the next one. Repeat every couple of inches until you get to the back of the head. Then you can either stop there (ponytail or scrunchie) or continue with the rubberbands every couple of inches down the remainder of your ponytail (looks a little bit like links of sausage, but it's cute). If you use a comb to make the parts across the head when you gather up the hair really straight and sharp, and if you do them at really regular intervals, it looks nice. A step up from a standard ponytail, but not as complicated as many competition hair styles. It takes me maybe 10 minutes and I'm pretty slow.

In case you see meet pics that I post and see Kathy with more complicated styles, I do have a friend whose DD does gymnastics with Kathy, and she's really good at hair and will do the more complicated styles for her from time to time. She was really sweet to do it for States even though her DD didn't qualify. But the good karma that she and her DD built up by doing Kathy's hair and by coming to States to cheer her on paid off... While she was there, she bought $5 worth of raffle tickets for a week at Woodward and won! Her daughter and Kathy will get to go to Woodward together in less than 3 weeks!! :)

I am hair-challenged, but last year I asked our hairdresser if she could teach me something cute and simple for DD's hair. I don't think I have a good picture but let me see if I can discribe it. It's a little bit like a french braid without the braid. I use those little tiny ponytail rubber bands and I use them in alternating colors that match her competition leo (pink and black). Pull back front hair (bang area) in a ponytail, go back a couple more inches, pull back that hair (taking from the sides too), and make another ponytail, encorporating the tail of the first ponytail in the next one. Repeat every couple of inches until you get to the back of the head. Then you can either stop there (ponytail or scrunchie) or continue with the rubberbands every couple of inches down the remainder of your ponytail (looks a little bit like links of sausage, but it's cute). If you use a comb to make the parts across the head when you gather up the hair really straight and sharp, and if you do them at really regular intervals, it looks nice. A step up from a standard ponytail, but not as complicated as many competition hair styles. It takes me maybe 10 minutes and I'm pretty slow.

We call that "pineappling" around here. If you click on my first link, the second pair of pictures is a picture of what I think you are talking about. I used that for Bella's pics this year. she's tenderheaded so it is a challenge to do ANYTHING with her hair but if I sit her in front of the TV, she is entranced enough to not complain about her hair. I guess that's just one more benefit of not allowing a lot of screen time...it's there when I really need it.

I recently committed to learning how to french braid. I've always understood the mechanics but never put it into practice. But I bit the bullet and tried it. It wasn't as hard as I thought and this summer, I'm going to experiment with different styles.

We call that "pineappling" around here. If you click on my first link, the second pair of pictures is a picture of what I think you are talking about. I used that for Bella's pics this year. she's tenderheaded so it is a challenge to do ANYTHING with her hair but if I sit her in front of the TV, she is entranced enough to not complain about her hair. I guess that's just one more benefit of not allowing a lot of screen time...it's there when I really need it.

I recently committed to learning how to french braid. I've always understood the mechanics but never put it into practice. But I bit the bullet and tried it. It wasn't as hard as I thought and this summer, I'm going to experiment with different styles.

I guess a pineapple is a more attractive image than a sausage...

I tried like heck to learn how to french braid. I even had a book that color coded each section of hair, so I put a different color rubberband around each section of Kathy's hair and tried to follow the diagrams, but couldn't do it to save my life. Maybe if somebody showed me, I could learn, but I'm not all that motivated any more, I guess. A french breaid used to be the required meet hairstyle, but now that there isn't any particular required one, I'm not as worried about it.

There's a cute style that my sister does- she has very long hair that is past her back. She French braids her hair until her head ends, then puts the rest that's left in a pony. It's super cute & super easy! You could also put it in a low bun, but it looks nicer in a pony.

I remember on one thread tumblequeensmom suggested a really good hair style and I tried it once, my hair's not that long but it seemed like it would really work on longer hair, if tumblequeensmom comments on this she can tell you!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back