Parents Need no broken bones fairy here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

C

cathiann

Just got the call that Beth hurt her foot at gymnastics--doing something on beam. Her coach thinks it needs to be x-rayed, so she has an appointment at 6. If you could send "no broken bones" fairies this way, it would be much appreciated. I'll update later--thanks!

Oh no, every gym parent's biggest fear, the call from the gym. Sending her the no broken bones fairy. Hope their is no fracture and that she will be back to the gym soon. Hugs.

YIKES!! I will send Beetle's down I35! Let us know what the doctor says.. I hope she is healthy for her intersquad at the end of the month!

Oh No !!!!
Sending the fairies air express - although they might be too late since I am just reading this now.

Hope her foot is not broken. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the fairies--unfortunately they came too late--she's got 3 broken bones in her foot :( We go tomorrow to see the orthopedist to find out what they want to do and how long she'll be out. She is SO upset--poor girl. This is her first injury ever.

Her one coach is cautiously optimistic--she thinks since it's small bones, they might heal within 4 weeks--letting her compete starting at Chicago in February. Looks like level 9 this year is out though--keeping it open as an option, but we already let Beth know to get her to accept it more. I just think it would be tough to do level 8 in Chicago, then just 2 meets as a 9 to qualify for State--seems better to just stay 8 for the season. But she hates to be "left behind" the other girls.

Can't complain too much (beyong the horrible timing!)--this is our first break every--for either of my gymnastics girls!

ohhhhh POOOR Beth!! I am sorry tell her we are sending healing fairies to her!

I hope it heals fast and she can still compete L9.. otherwise - we will be seeing you at some meets..

Oh nooo. So sorry to hear that she broke some bones. I am sending her lots of healing vibes for her body and spirit. Injury to these girls is so much more than just physical. It takes a lot for them to get past it mentally as well, because it can be such a set back at times. I hope the orthoped has good news for you guys. Lots and lots of hugs for all of you.

So sorry the fairies were too late, I guess to work they would have had p be there when she actually hit her foot !!

Please let us know what the Ortho says. Maybe she will just need a boot and still be able to do some light bar work and conditioning. I have seen girls work bars (and floor beam - no jumps) in a boot before.

Sending some cheer up and fast healing fairies and maybe she can still do 9.

So sorry the fairies were too late, I guess to work they would have had p be there when she actually hit her foot !!

Please let us know what the Ortho says. Maybe she will just need a boot and still be able to do some light bar work and conditioning. I have seen girls work bars (and floor beam - no jumps) in a boot before.

Sending some cheer up and fast healing fairies and maybe she can still do 9.

That's what her coach is thinking right now, so we've all got our fingers crossed. Thanks for the good wishes, everyone! I'll post later when we know more.

I feel horrible for Beth! I am hoping for a very speedy recovery... Regardless of what level she does, I do wish her the best of luck! :)

Oh no! Our gymnasts NEED that time in the gym in order for their world to be rosy. Hoping for a speedy recovery of body and spirit.

I am sooo sorry to hear this! You can look at this positively tho (if that's possible) and be thankful it's the three small bones. They do heal up pretty quickly and compared to some gymnastics injuries, she's pretty lucky!!! Katy broke her collarbone last year and was out for 9 weeks. She was able to bounce back pretty quickly from that, so I'm sure Beth will really get back into the groove quite quickly. Maybe you can just make that L9 decision when she gets back. She can work extra conditioning and may come back even stronger!!! Good luck to her!

I am so sad for Beth.......I hope she heals fast. It is such a drag she has been working so hard.

One of our Boys was just diagnosed with stress fractures in both shin bones out 12 weeks. i guess he grew way to fast last year and the pounding of training Level 10 was to hard on h im. he comes to the gym and does what he can. Upper body and core stuff. he cant stand to be out of the gym.

I m sure her coaches will find her stuff she will be able to do to keep her in the gym some.

best wishes and prayers for a pseedy recovery.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back