MAG Need shoulder conditioning ideas

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

Flipz

Coach
Judge
So I haven't been practicing gymnastics in about a year (just coaching) and am slowly working my way back in. I am working toward a new skill on floor that is gonna need a monster blocking front handspring. So with that said, anyone know any really good shoulder conditionings?

Thanks in advance!!

-Flipz

handstands aganst the wall for like a minut and also sholder shrugs in the handstand or on the wall or on the bar. hope this helped.

HS hopping pushups. Kick to HS, lower to nearly headstand and push and hop. Do it for distance across the floor. It's like a handstand pop on steroids.

Start of with headstand to handstand pushups or using a kick from a tucked headstand to extended handstand while pushing out.

Awesome thanks, yea ive been doing lots of things to target shoulders and surrounding areas like lats, but nothing like that...i like those idea both of you.

Thanks!!

yea the handstand holds are good but you gotta do like 4x1min. also we call them crickets you have to get in a push up position then open you shouldrs. then pop across the floor moving you body as one motin. you can go forwards backwards and sideways. if you do it rite you should feel it.

I need to do shoulder exercises too!! (although i am not a coach) well, i know some exercises, but i think i'll just share a couple. okay, first, go up to a wall and push your armpits against it and try to stick your bottom out as much as possible until you feel a stretch in your shoulders. and another one is the cat stretch.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back