WAG need some help....looking for state stats

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

flippin out

Proud Parent
Hi CB community,
I'm working on a project for my daughter and am in need of help. She is doing an essay for school about her sport and is in need of stats for her level. What I need is stats on # of gymnasts in L10 at state levels. I've found quite a few by digging on provided score sheets from state meets, but there are a number of states that haven't posted their results. Below are a list of states that I'm looking for. I am looking for just number of Level 10s that competed in each State meet.

ME
MN
MO
SD
WY

Thank you!!

Here is the page for WY but looks like they are rerunning the reports and will post soon. Or maybe not, but you could check back and see. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like Wyoming had any level 10s competing at region 3 champs so probably no more than a few in the state at all.

Good luck with your project!

Here is the page for WY but looks like they are rerunning the reports and will post soon. Or maybe not, but you could check back and see. I could be wrong but it doesn't look like Wyoming had any level 10s competing at region 3 champs so probably no more than a few in the state at all.

Good luck with your project!

Wyoming may not have any level 10's, they didn't last year or the year before.(only a couple level 9's)

Thanks!!!! You guys are awesome!

No problem......I'm typing it up for her, I can just copy and paste here :). I'm down to just needing Maine.

Maine only has 1 level 10 and it looks like she was injured/done after a meet in March, and that was an invitational, not States. Maine didn't have any competitors in the Regional meet either.

Maine only has 1 level 10 and it looks like she was injured/done after a meet in March, and that was an invitational, not States. Maine didn't have any competitors in the Regional meet either.

Thanks Bookworm! That's the last State that I needed

In 2016 there were 1,896 Level 10s competing at State meets . I couldn't find any data on how many level 10s were registered this season but didn't compete at States. Below is a breakdown of Level 10s per state that competed this year (I included if they had 0's and were a scratch that day).

AL - 15
AK - 2
AZ - 69
AR - 2
CA - 174
CO - 54
CT - 25
DE - 2
FL - 118
GA - 61
HI - 14
ID - 8
IL - 114
IN - 33
IA - 19
KS - 12
KY - 13
LA - 13
ME - 0
MD - 40
MA - 71
MI - 67
MN - 56
MS - 2
MO - 42
MT - 3
NE - 12
NV - 23
NH - 4
NJ - 71
NM - 7
NY - 72
NC - 76
ND - 7
OH - 76
OK -16
OR - 8
PA - 108
RI - 8
SC - 22
SD - 6
TN - 36
TX -155
UT - 39
VT - 1
VA - 57
WA - 32
WV - 5
WI - 26
WY - 0

At the Regional level, there were 1,678 Level 10s that qualified to compete at their 2016 Regional meet. (again, i don't know if any qualified but scratched before rosters were out, but if they were on the score sheet I counted them)

Region 1 (CA, UT, NV, AZ) - 282
Region 2 (WA, OR, MT, ID, AK, HI) - 59
Region 3 (WY, CO, NM, TX, KS, OK, AR) - 217
Region 4 (ND, SD, NE, MN, WI, IZ, MO) - 144
Region 5 (OH, IL, IN, MI, KY) - 268
Region 6 (ME, VT, NH, NY, MA, RI, CT) - 142
Region 7 (PA, NJ, DE, MD, WV, VA) - 256
Region 8 (FL, GA, SC, NC, LA, MS, AL, TN) - 310

This is lovely of everyone to help out, glad you found the information. Not to be accusatory, but why are you doing your daughter's homework?

This is lovely of everyone to help out, glad you found the information. Not to be accusatory, but why are you doing your daughter's homework?

Not doing her homework for her. Her assignment was to write an essay about her sport. I am NOT writing her essay, but doing some research for her so that she has facts to work with. This is English class and she's not being graded on whether her facts are correct, she would just prefer to actually have some interesting facts to put in her essay. The essay was to be about her passion (what inspires her). And I'm sure that I am not the only parent that does research (that is not available to most kids) for their kid when their kid trains 20+hr/week and spends an extra 18+hrs/week in traveling to and from said work outs. Fear not, my kid does all of her actual homework herself and maintains a perfect 4.0 without my interference. But thank you for your concern

Not doing her homework for her. Her assignment was to write an essay about her sport. I am NOT writing her essay, but doing some research for her so that she has facts to work with. This is English class and she's not being graded on whether her facts are correct, she would just prefer to actually have some interesting facts to put in her essay. The essay was to be about her passion (what inspires her). And I'm sure that I am not the only parent that does research (that is not available to most kids) for their kid when their kid trains 20+hr/week and spends an extra 18+hrs/week in traveling to and from said work outs. Fear not, my kid does all of her actual homework herself and maintains a perfect 4.0 without my interference. But thank you for your concern

I wasn't trying to start an argument. I hope all goes well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back