Welcome to our Gymnastics Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nerd conventions

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Coach
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Jun 29, 2017
Country
USA
Oh! I have played this. Very pretty and fun game :)
I actually don't really play a lot of games, but I've been competing in melee tournaments since 2009.

What about yourself?

bogwoppit

Administrator
Staff member
Former Gymnast
Feb 26, 2007
Country
Canada
Oh! I have played this. Very pretty and fun game :)
I actually don't really play a lot of games, but I've been competing in melee tournaments since 2009.

What about yourself?

Well I am the mom of a youtuber, so well versed in cons and twitch streaming! Tried melee a few times, very stressful!

sun

Verified Coach
Verified Coach
Coach
Gymnast
Former Gymnast
Jun 29, 2017
Country
USA
Haha how cool :) love seeing the crossover between gym and gaming worlds!

Geoffrey Taucer

Admin/Coach
Staff member
Verified Coach
Coach
Former Gymnast
Jan 21, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Country
USA
I go to Evo in Vegas almost every year, as well as Genesis in San Jose - both for melee!
I went to genesis a couple years ago, when I was living in San Jose. Also I've been playing in the weekly wednesday night melee tournies at Xanadu for the last month or two -- still haven't made it far enough in to the bracket to play a game on stream.

Right now I'm gearing up for MAGFest; I'm going to be cosplaying as Ken Masters, and I've been doing hard core conditioning for the last couple months to try to get a visible six-pack for it.

Last edited:

Geoffrey Taucer

Admin/Coach
Staff member
Verified Coach
Coach
Former Gymnast
Jan 21, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Country
USA
wow, I'd never heard of Jerry before, but his Fox is super good. looks like a tough match :p
Cool that you play puff, my roommate plays puff and it's my favorite matchup haha.
Jerry ended up winning the tournament

I don't normally play Puff. I mained Doc for years, then once I started going to tourneys I realized I need a higher-tier main. Lately I've mostly been playing Marth and Falcon, but this week my Puff felt really strong in friendlies so I decided to try her out in tournament.

Probably gonna start practicing more with her.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.