Nervous!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Next Sunday is my last chance to qualify for USAIGC Nationals!

To be honest, I don't think I will qualify. I don't want to be negative or anything, but it's the plain truth! :( My best AA score, which qualified me for State, was .9 away from the score I need for Nationals!

I think what will hurt my scores the most is my nerves. Any advice on getting rid of them? I will be so sad if I don't qualify! I really really want this so much!

I don't know if this will help or not, but when I used to be a coach (for a different sport) I always told my students a joke before they competed. I know you have a lot to concentrate on, but the one thing you should just FORGET about is your score.

also, my DD visualizes her routines before she does them. When you visualize (seeing the picture of yourself doing something inside your head) your brain doesn't actually KNOW that it wasn't YOUR body doing everything right.
When your BRAIN believes you can do it all right, it will tell your body to do it. When you picture yourself doing the routines, breath slowly and relax your shoulders. You will feel more prepared when it is your turn.

Snowbound

Maybe take a nice warm bath before your meet... what I do is remind myself to BREATHE! Many times, you will forget to breathe, get nervous, and think; " Oh my goodness, I can't do this. I can't breathe!" My point exactly. Try thinking of yourself in the gym, alone, doing your your routines for you & only you. That relaxes a lot of gymnasts I know.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back