Parents Nettyinpa how did Olivia do today?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sorry it took me a while to post about this. Olivia’s meet was okay. She ended up scratching on floor. She did her routine Friday night at practice and afterward the coach said she may have her scratch. At first she was bummed then we talked about it and she decided to not do it. She was so cute about it, too. She goes out, presents to the judges, steps on the floor, presents again, and turns to her teammates and says “I did a perfect routine!â€￾ and they were all giving her high 5's and hugs. It was so sweet. And she had the biggest smile on her face, you would've thought she won! :D I’m so proud of her. She scored an 8.2 on vault, which isn’t bad, a 7.025 on beam with 2 falls and she didn’t do one of the required skills, and a 6.3 on bars, which was actually the average score for the entire meet. She had fun, which is what she set out to do. I’m very proud of her. I did video vault and bars. I forgot to hit record on beam but it's okay, she wouldn't want me to share it with anyone anyway. Her next meet is in 5 weeks so I think she'll be working hard toward getting those routines.

I've been waiting to hear too. I'm so happy for how it turned out well despite not being what she had hoped in the weeks coming forward. Not surprised about those bar scores- dd won a few medals for just barely getting 8's at level 7. We were at several meets where the highest bar score was 8 and the average was 7. I'm sure she'll put the next five weeks to good use!

It sounds like everything turned out as best as could be expected. Level 7 sounds really tough if my daughter ever survives level 6 (this sport does not get any easier does it). Olivia seems to have a great attitude.

Well done for making her first level 7 meet. Sounds like she made a great start. Good luck for the next one.

Great to hear that she was fine with scratching floor and just competing the other events. Sounds like it was a successful first Level 7 meet! That is some seriously low bar scoring, but if everyone is judged the same I guess you cannot complain too much. Our Level 7 bars scoring is not that low and we have a lot of girls getting 9s, especially since a lot of girls are doing their free hips to handstand and giants. Level 7 is extremely competitive here. Maybe the scores are just higher for some other reason. Who knows? Judging is a mystery to me.

Anyway, a HUGE congrats to Olivia! I am sure she will have her floor routine down by the next meet and I for one am really looking forward to seeing her compete it. It is such a great routine and she is a lovely dancer.

Tried to watch her videos, but they weren't there. Sorry she had to scratch floor, but with the knee issues she's had much less time to train than the others. It will come around and looks to be a really nice routine from your vids.

Hope she's having fun as a L7! GL for the rest of the season.

Good Job Olivia! Glad her meet went well and she was OK with scratching floor. My girls have always had the philosophy "If all you do is touch, be sure you do it with style!" and it sounds like that is what Olivia did. That really does sound like some super tough scoring on bars, especially for the first meet of the season - hope your judges ease up a little. Here's hoping her recovery continues smoothly and she will be ready for everything in 5 weeks.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back