WAG New Bar setting requirement?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

AlexsGymmyMom

Proud Parent
My DD came home from gym telling me that beginning in January that all the gyms were going to be changing the bar settings due to new rules. She uses a larger bar setting than what the requirement is going to be and is freaking out about not being able to do her giants on the smaller setting. I had not heard this. Is there any other info regarding this?

No info here...is she going elite?

no such thing. there was discussion about the front spreader on the low bar. that this spreader would have to be all the way up to the pin as it is for FIG. as i said, discussed. i still don't think they took that to vote. someone is not being honest or your daughter completely misunderstands something that was said about bar settings.

Thanks for the info. She is reading this along with me and she say she did not misunderstand. She is not going elite but is trying to get to level 7. She certainly does not need another obstacle in her way (fears). I will ask the coach myself and see what I find out from him.

My daughter has always used FIG settings. She is at a new gym where she is the only one who uses FIG. They don't want to have to adjust the bars just for her so she won't be using FIG. It could be a similar situation for your daughter in that they want all the girls using the same bar settings. I would let the coaches know that this is an added obsticle that your daughter doesn't need.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back