MAG new coach was a great change!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Men's Artistic Gymnastics

GymBeeMom

Proud Parent
DS had a sweet young coach for level 4. She made him feel special and taught him how to sit still and pay attention. He scored well but the coaching was adequate, at best, when it came to the actual skills.

Now he is level 5 and has an amazing coach. He is the perfect balance of strict and kind. DS is learning so much and his coaching is much more detail oriented. I am proud of how hard my ds is choosing to work and how well he is meshing with the new coach. I look forward to the season and so does ds. I will always be grateful for the level 4 coach because she sparked his love of gymnastics, but I am thrilled to see a more professional approach to his skill training now that he has moved up. It was time...

Love that! I know the change at our gym from the level 4 to the level 5 coach is similar. It can be hard at times, but it is so good for the boys! They need that detail, and for my ds, the firmness. So glad to hear that it is going well!!

DS had a sweet young coach for level 4. She made him feel special and taught him how to sit still and pay attention. He scored well but the coaching was adequate, at best, when it came to the actual skills.

Now he is level 5 and has an amazing coach. He is the perfect balance of strict and kind. DS is learning so much and his coaching is much more detail oriented. I am proud of how hard my ds is choosing to work and how well he is meshing with the new coach. I look forward to the season and so does ds. I will always be grateful for the level 4 coach because she sparked his love of gymnastics, but I am thrilled to see a more professional approach to his skill training now that he has moved up. It was time...

Your son would not be doing the second unless the first coach had done the first! It is absolutely key to the success your DS is now having and by far the hardest part of gymnastics to teach.

You do the first coach a disservice by suggesting that the second coach has a 'more professional approach to his skill training' It sounds like each coach is doing exactly the right part of training that is needed at the right time. Great for your DS, sounds like a great gym.

Unfortunately, the coach that ds had for level 4 has been let go. There were issues with her professionalism and not paying attention to form issues (which are having to be fixed by level 5 coach). I do feel she was focusing on the most important part of his development at the time and appreciate her positive approach to dealing with young boys. I know wherever she goes, her gifts will follow.

So glad to hear that things are going well for him. Level 5 should be a lot of fun. I hope he has a terrific summer with his new coach!

That's great. As a mum with a girl and a boy gymmie I can see that they need a very different approach (usually, not saying they're all the same). My boy has just moved from a mixed general class into a little boys group and it's so much better for him. He's getting to use boys equipment (in a very basic way obviously) and has a coach who is used to working with boys and understands them well. In his previous class he looked as though he was being a bit naughty alongside the little girls. In the new class, alongside other boys, his behaviour is similar but looks fine as they are all doing the same, lol. The coach is firmer with them, has higher expectations, keeps them very busy and works them much harder. His previous coach thought he would struggle to cope with the discipline of the new group, but in actual fact it's exactly what he needed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back