New compulsary music!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Apparently, there's some new music for the level 1 to sixes. I sure am glad I got out of compulsary after this. No offense to the people who like it, though. I don't really hate it - I just detest it. Greatly. However, the level 5 music is pretty cool. :)

I know, seriously. Personally, I think this:

Level 1-3, still absolutely ridiculous
Level 4, has no beat what-so-ever
Level 5, pretty much elevator music
Level 6, tango, and a lot like the old kind

This will be hard to get used to...

I totally agree with you. My dd is in her last year of compularies, thank goodness. I don't think I could put up with hearing this new music hundreds of times at a meet. The Level 4 & 5 music is absolutely horrendous. it is so BORING!! The Level 6 music at least has some tempo changes and a little more flare but even it has a lot to be desired. It's starting to grow on me I don't see myself liking it too much in the next few months! :p

I have to agree, as well. Pixie's gym has decided to go with the new music (L4) and some of the other gyms stayed with the old music. So at the meet the music was mix but you could definitely tell that the new L4 music drags and is not nearly as upbeat as the old music making the routines to the new music seem boring. o-well, what can you do? Except groan about it...and I will, lol :D

Tee hee. :) I know, I especially dislike the level four's - the old music was actually pretty cool - then this horrendous beatless song shows up. And seriously - what's with the carnival music for the lower levels? It reminds me of clowns. And they really freak me out.

i know i absolutely dislike the new level 4,5,6 music i think it's stuff u would here in a doctors office!!!!!!!!!!

i am lucky my coach won't let us use it because it would be so embarrasing!!!!!!!!!!!!

compulsOry. compulsOry. compulsOry. come on, you ALL can do it! get the pun? all? compulsOry?

whoever composed the new routines for at least L5 and 6, should be shot. Too many long pauses and it lacks flow. It's interesting, but I'd use the older music as it makes more sense and has flow. The L4 music doesn't seem as bad but I've haven't heard it as much.

I heard the Level 5 music in competition for the first time a couple of weeks ago and hated it. It sounds like elevator or background music. There are no cues for the girls. It's like they are doing the routine to some random music. Our gym stuck with the old music and as much as I dislike the old Level 5 music, it's far better than the new music!

Megley, on the contrary, I think the new L4/L5 music has plenty of cues, much more than before. What it lacks is music though.

Yes, the previous L1-3 music sounded like carnival music and clowns and still does. I dislike clowns as much as zombies.

I much prefer the old L5 Burlesque-y music. I still think the old L6 was best. I would like the new L6 if it wasn't so choppy.

I prefer the old level 4 in terms of blatantly obvious "this happens when the music does this" cues. I could go either way with the level 5 music depending on the kid, but the new stuff sounds so grave for the little 5s. If I had the choice I'd let my older girls use it, but I don't. I never minded the old L6 one, and the new one is fine as well.

We aren't changing anyway. The money could be better spent on other things.

Level 1- horrible, it sounds like something from a carnival 50 years ago

Level 2- I actually don't mind it

Level 3- Preschool music

Level 4- UGH HORRIBLE I can't believe I have to do my routine to it

Level 5- Too slow but it's growing on me

Level 6- I like it a lot!

Our gym is still using the old music THANK GOD! I had to run the floor music at our home meet this weekend and the girls who were using the new music were scoring much lower! Coincidence????????? Is there a certain time that everybody MUst switch over??

Our gym is still using the old music THANK GOD! I had to run the floor music at our home meet this weekend and the girls who were using the new music were scoring much lower! Coincidence?????????
Yes.

Is there a certain time that everybody MUst switch over??
No.

Well, fall of 2013, but I don't think that's what you were asking. :)

Ummm, is anyone else starting to really like L5? I'm still not sure *I* could figure out how to do the routine to it (still using old), but I um, am starting to like it. Or maybe it's just becoming part of the collective subconscious in that love to hate way already.

Ummm, is anyone else starting to really like L5? I'm still not sure *I* could figure out how to do the routine to it (still using old), but I um, am starting to like it. Or maybe it's just becoming part of the collective subconscious in that love to hate way already.

I like the new L5 for some girls. Others I don't think could pull it off.

Mine are going to have to learn to love the old stuff. We're poor.

I totally agree that level 5 sounds like elevator music, but it's growing on me. Also, I HATE level 4 new music but I LOVED the old music.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back