New Compulsory Grades and pass mark

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi

I'm assuming ( according to the 2020 Womens Artistic National Competition Handbook ) the following is the latest pass mark's for Compulsory grades.

Compulsory 5 = 55
Compulsory 4 = 52
Compulsory 3 = 52
Compulsory 2 = 55
Compulsory 1 = 57

Can someone please confirm if this is correct.

There is no official compulsory 5. That is often done by individual regions but is not mentioned in that document at all that I can see.

I would agree with your other assumptions according to this snip from the rules for national finals.

Attachments

• compulsory nataional finals.JPG
    compulsory nataional finals.JPG
    43.8 KB · Views: 41
There is no official compulsory 5. That is often done by individual regions but is not mentioned in that document at all that I can see.

I would agree with your other assumptions according to this snip from the rules for national finals.

Hi Learning Parent :)
Sorry, should have mentioned that Comp 5 pass mark was not mentioned in the handbook. I was recently told that the pass mark for compulsory 3 has now changed to 55, hence this post. After searching online, I see no evidence of this, the BG 2020 Women's Artistic Handbook has the pass mark set at 52 for Compulsory 4 & 3 regional qualifiers.

I haven't heard that the pass mark for compulsory 3 has been put up this year.

However it would make sense to raise both compulsory 4 and 3 pass marks as compulsory 2 and 1 have both been raised. I would happily see them all sit at 55 across the board. 11 on each piece is not unreasonable. A slightly lower bar score can be covered by a slightly higher vault score, and a mishaps on beam should be covered by a higher range score. I have seen people pass compulsory 3 with 3 falls on beam and that doesn't really work to me. So actually I would like to see it raised.

I wish there was an official compulsory 5. They are set by region and are getting more similar but I wish they would just declare one and have done with it.
I would also like to see an official National 5. The gap between compulsory 4 and club grade 5 is way too big.
These 2 grades do not need a national final.

I would also like to see passing National 3 a requirement to go to National 2, and passing National 2 a requirement to go to National 1. A bit like compulsories (no need to pass 4). I think it would elevate the status of the higher National grades.

I wish there was an official compulsory 5. They are set by region and are getting more similar but I wish they would just declare one and have done with it.
I would also like to see an official National 5. The gap between compulsory 4 and club grade 5 is way too big.
These 2 grades do not need a national final.

I would also like to see passing National 3 a requirement to go to National 2, and passing National 2 a requirement to go to National 1. A bit like compulsories (no need to pass 4). I think it would elevate the status of the higher National grades.
Our region now has a comp 5 and a national prep 5 grade that is set locally. It makes sense because of those gaps.

Hi Learning Parent :)
Sorry, should have mentioned that Comp 5 pass mark was not mentioned in the handbook. I was recently told that the pass mark for compulsory 3 has now changed to 55, hence this post. After searching online, I see no evidence of this, the BG 2020 Women's Artistic Handbook has the pass mark set at 52 for Compulsory 4 & 3 regional qualifiers.

I'd be interested too. I've heard various things floating around, but thought that since this handbook was so recent it would be up to date. Fortunately it doesn't affect my gymnast, but I know several that it does.

I'd be interested too. I've heard various things floating around, but thought that since this handbook was so recent it would be up to date. Fortunately it doesn't affect my gymnast, but I know several that it does.

They do update the handbook every now and then, the latest handbook is v1, so will wait and see :)

They do update the handbook every now and then, the latest handbook is v1, so will wait and see :)

There are some regional grades in about 6 weeks though aren't there so they would need to let the regions know pretty soon.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back