WAG New conditioning exercises

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

l&h1234

Coach
Proud Parent
I work at a gym with 9 and 10 yr olds that train level 9 and we try to make their conditioning fun! They are kinda getting tired of the exercises that we have been doing for a while. Does anyone have any good fun conditioning to do with 9 and 10 yr olds?

We do conditioning relay races sometimes. Which team can do ... V-ups the fastest, 1 person holding the other persons legs (wheelbarrow) back and forward, plank walks relay race etc.

I second relay/game conditioning! I always loved that, it made conditioning way more fun. We just called it a game day though so not everyone even released it was conditioning :D We used to do things like who can hang from the bar the longest, longest handstand hold, wheelbarrow races etc.

• My gym does partner conditioning for the younger girls (and the older girls as well :) )

These are good

• also doing it to music helps

You might want to write the list of stuff on a board

• Also, I know (*groan*) but doing ballet style warmup conditioning is AMAZING for legs and also helps with other things (particularly floor and beam extension
    Just make sure whatever you're doing is REALLY slow and focus on doing it perfectly (extended arms, high releve, etc.)

Also, this isn't exactly conditioning, but flexibility is SO important, and doing it is a lot more fun and intensive if you do it with another person

Also, focus on keeping everyone in sync.

Basically, the whole idea of making it fun can be summed up in 4 things

1. Synchronization
  2. Music
  3. Contests (not included in my previous post), but not between levels
  4. Partner / group working all together

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back