new GoJo code

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ilovegymnastics454

Coach
Gymnast
my club has been transitioning to the new GoJo code over the summer but I'm still not 100% sure about why all of the provinces haven't switched over. I understand every province has their own set of rules until level 7 (in Ontario) but doesn't it make more since for all the provinces to switch over at the same time . also how will it work when the level 7 -9 go to easterns will they have to change their routines at all or be able to compete their routines with the GoJo code. also how are your clubs working the new code in. at my club for the compulsory girls they have to start from the level 1 and master all skills in that level . once they master those skills they can move on to level 2 and so on and so forth. im not sure when they are deciding to work on routines though.

I think Ontario has always been the "odd man out" so to speak, and that the rest of the provinces use the same rules EXCEPT Ontario.

I understand the reason for having a modified JO rule set is to better allow Ontario athletes to compete at Easterns, etc (ie the skills line up better). I think it's very possible to create say a L8 routine that works with GO JO and the CPP rules.

I don't know that other provinces are even considering switching over, but I'm not privy to that sort of thing.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back