New Group of Adult Gymnasts

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I haven't written in forever but my ankle has gotten so much better I can actually tumble on the tumble track now and can do some roundoffs on the floor but in the meantime I've been working on getting group of former gymnasts together to work out once a week and perhaps compete next summer with aau. There's 4 of us 24, 29, 31 & 32. I'm so excited. We're going to try to start working out together on the 17th of this month. I'll let you know how its going.

That's great Kylie. It will be so much more fun and motivating to have a group :) Keep us posted about how it is!

Just wanted to give the most recent update. Last week we had 4 of us and this week 3 of us. The funny thing was that we had a different group last week than this week but so far so good. The 3 of us this week all hope to compete by this summer. I am so excited this is actually coming together. We all worked on tumble track and ended up talking for about a half hour afterwards. Hopefully we can add on some more practices as it goes on. I actually was able to do my roundoff backhandspring on the tumbletrack with a backtuck onto a big matt instead of the pit and tried some sprints down the vaulting runway. It feels good to have my ankle almost back to normal. Anyway just wanted to give a quite update. Now it looks like I have reading to do of some of the other recent posts since its been a while since I've gotten back on the forum.

Kylie,

There is a winter AAU nationals in February in Ohio too, maybe if not this year next year.

Hey hope everyone is doing well. Congratulations Nicci on getting your pullover. Wanted to post a quick update on the recent events. Two of us are definitely competing this summer. I'm still working with my one coach once a week but now me and another girl are spending 2 hours twice a week with the Bulgarian coach, who was a former national coach, to really get into competition shape and get our form and technique perfect. He said in a few months we will work on putting together floor and beam routines. He is tough but I'm loving every second. There is a third girl who may join us. I'll keep you all up to date. I'm so excited that this is finally going to happen despite the compound fracture and all. Still working on flexibility in my ankle but I can sprint and tumble again so I know I'm well on my way to real progress.

awesome kylie! i just sprained my ankle really bad 6 and a half weeks ago, and it's still hurting, and i haven't been cleared to do any therapy on it... sprained ankles have got to be the worst injury! glad you're able to do things again. good luck with the meets.

Thanks Kylie! That is awesome the way things are progressing for you, and you get to compete!!!! Keep taking it easy on that ankle(it was your ankle right?), and kick some butt!!!!!

We now have one more girl who has joined training with us. I am loving every second of it and often, like today, the coach ends up keeping us a half hour extra. I am always exhausted by the end but I just feel like I'm really actually progressing and getting so much from his coaching. I did 5 giants in a row on strap bar twice today, my front handspring on rock floor, backwalkover on beam as well as some jumps and leaps and worked on front handsprings on vault with the actual springboard and they felt so much better than usual. I'm so happy everything is finally happening. I'll keep you updated and hope your training is going well too.

That's so exciting Kylie, there is nothing like having a great coach on your side and knowing how much progress you are making, with meets to look forward to. I am so glad you found a good training situation!

kylie how is the team going? will we see you in virginia for the aau jr. olympics? the three on my team may have turned to two for the ohio meet in feb. but, there is always the potential for 5 in virginia.

I think all three of us that are training right now will be there in Virgina for the aau junior olympics and in Florida for the age group nationals. We are training really hard so we figure it will be nice to compete twice. The one girl, Kendal, is going to be competing level 8. The other girl, Ruth, and I are going to compete modified optional. I'm hoping to compete level 8 next year but I'd rather have good form and get good scores this year then try to push it for level 8. It's been going really well and I'm loving every minute of it. Our coach really believes in us and enjoys training us because we concentrate and listen to his corrections unlike the kids. I think he would be happy to train us 3 hours 3 or 4 times a week, but I'd go broke, so we've been doing 2 or 3 times a week for 1-2 hours but often he keeps us over a half hour over time. He said in about a month we'll start putting our routines together on floor and beam. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you at one of the competitions this summer. You'll have to let me know if you're going to be there.

yay! there will be at least two of us at the aau jr. olympics in july. can't wait to meet you also.
have fun with your routines. i'm still working on mine. we have aau winter nationals in mid feb.
don't forget that you have to have your aau # one month before your first meet.

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone was thinking of going to the last week of camp woodward east this year? I've been looking into it. It's not cheap but if sounds like a ton of fun.

i have been wanting to go to summer gym camp for the last two summers, but i am never in good enough shape to work out all week.
i always plan on it - and since i have been working out three days a week... maybe this will be the year!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back