New Gym Mom! :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

She had practice 1-3 today. She got one kip by herself the rest with the coach touching her with 3 fingers:cool: She did her back walkovers on beam. The only problem is on floor - she lost her 2 backsprings:( She kept freezing up after the first one) A few weeks ago she did her 2 backhandsprings and when she went into the second one her elbow gave out and she hit her head, neck, and back and it shook her up pretty good since then her backhandsprings have looked like a brand new level 4's. It wasnt a problem at camp because she did RO-backhandspring backtucks with a spot on the tuck. And at camp she did the 2 BHSprings on the tumble track. Today she would only do 2 down the cheese wedge. She didnt even have a problem with front tucks, back tucks, backwalkovers and dive rolls on floor today .
Houston, I think we have a problem. :sigh:

Thanks for asking :hug:

Aw, I know what that feels like, When I was watching one of the level 4 girls, they were learning to go to the high bar, one girl completley peeled it and fell. She wouldn't do it at all. But yay for the kip!! I know, it will take a lot of time. When Lexi was 1st learning it, she got it about 4 times then lost it, the slowly started to get it back bit by bit. Bars is looking great for your DD though! Don't worry about the backhandsprings, she will get it!!! Just an off day:(

Aw, I know what that feels like, When I was watching one of the level 4 girls, they were learning to go to the high bar, one girl completley peeled it and fell. She wouldn't do it at all. But yay for the kip!! I know, it will take a lot of time. When Lexi was 1st learning it, she got it about 4 times then lost it, the slowly started to get it back bit by bit. Bars is looking great for your DD though! Don't worry about the backhandsprings, she will get it!!! Just an off day:(
:)
I hope this doesnt last long, last yr her leaps were getting so big and then wham, she split the beam. It took her about 6 months to really be comfortable with the beam again. It seems like anytime she learns new skills other skills she has had she seems to struggle with.

I really enjoy talking to you,GTM.:)

:)
I hope this doesnt last long, last yr her leaps were getting so big and then wham, she split the beam. It took her about 6 months to really be comfortable with the beam again. It seems like anytime she learns new skills other skills she has had she seems to struggle with.

I really enjoy talking to you,GTM.:)

:):):):):) Thank you so much! It just takes 1 person to make you smile:) Poor girl, I know some days when my girls come home hysterical " I split the beam, then I had to do 10 rope climbs, then I hit my head on my backhandsprings, then my elbow hurt!, etc,etc" In gymnastics, I think that is the way it goes, you get a new skill, then you either hurt yourself of scared to do it, then it comes back, then you never lose it. I'm going to send up the floor fairy for your daughter to get those backhandsprings!!:D I wish you lots of luck!!

:):):):):) Thank you so much! It just takes 1 person to make you smile:) Poor girl, I know some days when my girls come home hysterical " I split the beam, then I had to do 10 rope climbs, then I hit my head on my backhandsprings, then my elbow hurt!, etc,etc" In gymnastics, I think that is the way it goes, you get a new skill, then you either hurt yourself of scared to do it, then it comes back, then you never lose it. I'm going to send up the floor fairy for your daughter to get those backhandsprings!!:D I wish you lots of luck!!
:nod:
Thank you. I hope the floor fairy shows up Thursday for practice, :meditate: we'll be watching for her. How often do the girls have practice? My dd goes 2-3 days a week 2-3 hrs each.

:nod:
Thank you. I hope the floor fairy shows up Thursday for practice, :meditate: we'll be watching for her. How often do the girls have practice? My dd goes 2-3 days a week 2-3 hrs each.

In the summer, they have it 3-4 days a week for 3.5-4 hours:eek: They are super tired when they come home. Let me know how your daughter does tomorrow!!:):)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back