Parents New here...my two girls just started gymnastics!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My 5 year old and 3 year old daughters just started gymnastics last month and love it! My 5 year old is thisclose to getting her cartwheel and handstand, and my 3 year old is just having fun! I have an 18 month old, and she's jealous of the older two - might have to sign her up for a mommy-and-me class!

I'm so glad to have found this forum...I took gymnastics for a few years, but it's nice to have a place to ask questions :)

We're in MN, southern suburbs of the Cities. Not sure if we're allowed to post what gym...

Anyway, just a short introduction :)

Welcome! I have a 5 year old who just moved over from the recreational classes to the pre-team program this past June. She is currently working on her "overs" - ie., bridge to kickover, pullover on bar, etc. She loves to just go and have fun! I'm not sure if she'll ever want to join the competitive team world, but it is fun watching her have so much fun with it.
I also have a 9 year old who moved to our gym's team and will be competing Level 5 (the first level our gym competes) this fall. She is much more serious than her sister and I think she's found her niche (at least for now).

You'll learn a lot on these boards. They are a wealth of information and everyone is very welcoming of those of us who are novices and learning the ropes. Have fun watching your two girls fall in love with the sport!

Welcome! I am new here too. DD will be 5 in October and we're doing pre-team classes this summer, and hopefully in the fall as well. This board has been a great help understanding the world of gymnastics.

Welcome! I have 3 girls in the gym, two on the team. Never ever thought I would end up like this, hee hee...but the girls love every minute of it so I enjoy it too. :) Look out, before you know it you will be just like me!
Most of us do not post gym names but I do not think there is a rule against doing so. ;) It's always best not to put tooo much personal info out there.
You will learn a lot here and there are some great people around here for support.

Welcome! You have definitely come to the right place as your girls are now hooked into this crazy sport. I was just thinking about when my kids were that little (they are now 14,12 and my youngest the gymnast is 9)-it goes sooo fast so enjoy the journey bumps and all! :)

Hi, there and welcome!! I also have a 5 yr old gymmie...a boy. He's in a beginner boys' program at our gym where I work and my dd and older ds are team members. As you can see, gymnastics has taken over our lives!- but we love it. Enjoy the ride! :D

hi & welcome to CB. glad your girls are enjoying gym. just sit back & enjoy the ride as long as they do. don't forget to pack your wallet ! this is a great place for advice & learning. my advice to new gym parents is to let it be your childs sport, don't compare their progress against others in their group & just enjoy the ride, it can be bumpy at times.

Thanks, everyone!! The girls love it so far :)

And no kidding about getting your wallet ready...we're getting ready to sign up for the next session...almost $300 for the two of them for eight weeks...whew!

WELCOME! I have DD5, (6 in October). She will compete L4 this year and she lives and breathes gymnastics. I love to watch her and all the girls progress and get new skills! I hope your girls grow and learn and just have fun!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back