New Here!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

N

NEGymnastMom

Hello everyone! I just found this place and it's pretty cool! I am mom to an 8 yr old gymnast. She's just been doing Gymnastics for 2 yrs now (She's a level 4; getting ready to move up to level 5 but has to finish "passing out" on beam skills- it's our heartache! LOL- she has her kip already on bars and all bars skills along w/ trainer vault , 90% of floor skills but only 1/2 of her beam skills. In our gym, you have to pass out of approx 26 things to move up to level 5 (from 4). She's in her first year of being on the TEAM! Level 4's here are on Team. She was in a developmental program at our old gym- we are from Louisiana originally. She practices 3 days a week for 3/4 hrs and does open gym 2 hrs a week. LOVES IT! LOL

It's great to meet so many great people here!

DD just finished a week long summer camp at the local University- lived in teh dorms and everything and LOVED IT!

Welcome to the Chalkbucket, lots of level 4/5 Moms here.

Nice that your gym has clear guidelines to move up, that seems like a rare thing in most gyms. I am sure those skills will come along soon enough, your DD sounds very talented.

Welcome. Don't worry about the beam skills - she will get them. Of course beam is the one thing I can't stand to watch - way too stressful - that and the fact that my dd definitely could have benefited from some velcro on her feet at times, lol.

:D Hello & Welcome to the CB. :wave: Beam can be an obstacle sometimes, but is so rewarding to the gymmie when they overcome it. How long has she been at the new club?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back