New here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hi I'm another new member. Not completely new though. I've been reading various posts for the past few months, and now I've finally got my registration sorted :)
I'm a coach from NZ and I coach recreational classes. I'd really like to see the Australian girls do well at the Olympics - not because the other girls don't deserve to do well, but because OZ is a bit closer to home ;)
Oh yeah, and I like the smilies :cool::rolleyes::D:bars:I also really like watching bars. So that's my introduction. Hope to add my two cents worth soon.

Hi and welcome. If I remember right, the Australians set an ambitious goal of taking third as a team? Well, we'll all have to watch them try to pull off a giant upset.

Welcome to The Chalkbucket, nice to have you joining our community.

I loved Daria Joura and I have my fingers crossed for her. I saw a few of the Aussie girls compete in Montreal at an International meet, I was very impressed with them.

We have a few Aussies here who are great contributors, you may the very first Kiwi though. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful part of the world.

Is your system like the Australian one? We have learned a bit about that one.

Welcome

Welcome to CB, i am a Canadian coach now coaching in Vestmannaeyjar, Iceland.

This is a great place to meet people from other countries and learn about all aspects of gymnastics

Don

Yes our system is very much like the Australian system. In fact, I'm pretty sure that it's a direct replica. We have far fewer gymnasts though. I think the aim of starting that system here was to produce higher calibre gymnasts because we have lacked behind the rest of the world for so long.

I was lucky enough to be in Melbourne in 2005 at the World Champs to see Monette Russo take the bronze AA. Talk about atmosphere.

So far, I have found this site very useful. I enjoy the coaching tips and have also found it beneficial to read the parent forum to get an understanding of what concerns parents - as a young coach it's often difficult to look at things from the parent's perspective, so this part has been insightful.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back