Coaches New JO levels- glide swing and timing question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PalmTree

Coach
In new Level 3 bars, it says a gymnast can do a straddle glide swing. I'm not sure if I'm reading the next part correctly - does the gymnast return the glide in a straddle or with legs together? I know the legs come together at the end of the glide, but then do they stay that way? Just not sure.
Also, where does it tell you how long each gymnast gets in warm-ups? I couldn't seem to find it. Thanks!

yes, the legs come together at the end of the glide and then they together. there is no such thing in gymnastics as a straddle glide to straddle kip up. :)

Good questions.

If the gymnast does a straddle glide, they must bring their feet together at the front of the slide and "glide back" in a pike position.

The information on warm up times will be published in the Rules and Policies (not yet out for 2013-2014). If it the same as last year, L3s will get 45 seconds per event to warmup. L4s and L5s will get 1 minute.

Ha, yes that would be funny looking. But I'm not talking about kipping - just the glide swing and return before the pullover. The feet stay together on the back swing, they don't go straddle and then together again?

Good questions.

If the gymnast does a straddle glide, they must bring their feet together at the front of the slide and "glide back" in a pike position.

The information on warm up times will be published in the Rules and Policies (not yet out for 2013-2014). If it the same as last year, L3s will get 45 seconds per event to warmup. L4s and L5s will get 1 minute.

Awesome, thanks!

yes, the legs come together at the end of the glide and then they together. there is no such thing in gymnastics as a straddle glide to straddle kip up. :)
==
I have a few special kids who like to straddle kip... UNLEASH THE HOUNDS!!! On a serious note, PIKE GLIDE ALL THE WAY. I have zero straddle glides on my team. Why? because I spot the crap out of them and legs don't pass through solid objects... Although one of my kids almost passed her foot through my stomach the other day balking on a stalder....I can still feel the pain... :eek:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back