WAG New job and USAG online registration

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

CreateMagic

Coach
Proud Parent
Last week, a friend of mine let me know a local gym was looking for coaches and knew that I wasn't currently coaching anywhere. I wasn't sure at first if I wanted to because I already teach middle school full-time, and am working on my master's program (online program woohoo!), but I went and checked out the gym and talked to the program director anyway. Well, I fell in love with this gym. Much like the gym I used to coach at (which I also LOVED), this place is very kid-centered and encourages building strong, professional relationships with the parents. The staff is very professional and they all love what they do and work hard at it. I felt right at home. The gym itself has lots of space with different areas for preschool, team, rec classes, and dance (some areas are shared, but it was great to be able to work with the developmental group without distraction of the preschoolers for most of practice!!!). It looks like I will be coaching two levels of developmental groups and level 4. I am very excited about this new opportunity!

I have run into one small "issue", I suppose we could call it.... I need to get my USAG Professional Membership, fine, no big deal, already submitted my background check online and will do the Safety Cert course online tonight. HOWEVER, when I go on the USAG website, there is no way to register online for the Pro Membership. I've never had a pro membership before (only an instructor member) because I've never needed to be at a sanctioned meet. I have scoured that site, and there doesn't seem to be a way to do it! I'd prefer not to have to send it in as it says it could take weeks--and meet season is here! Does anyone know anything about this? Help!

I've never registered myself for a pro membership because my employer has always done that. Athlete registration can only be completed online through a member club, so I'm guessing that pro memberships are the same thing (I just looked at the page on Member Services and they don't state that, but there is indeed no link to online registration available for a regular user). You could fax it. Have you ever been a member? If so you will preserve the same number, so it's not quite the same as registering for the first time (even if you've only ever been an athlete).

Oh, I see you have been a member before. Are you logging into the USAG site using that account, or just using it as an unregistered user? Not completely sure if it makes a difference, but it may. Anyway, I'd give them a call tomorrow, they're usually helpful, they may be able to just change it over the phone (this used to be possible in my experience a few years ago but they have a kind of new system in the last year or so with the online account log-ins so I don't know).

new procedure. you must have the club owner do it for you or with you. requires the gym's password, etc;

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back