Parents New Judge

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

A

awposey1

I'm so excited. My daughter is Level 10 this year and 16. I have been involved in gymnastics almost 12 years. Our coach encouraged me to take the judging test for Level 5/6 and I passed the first try. Not sure what I will do now but I can keep my interest in the sport once she grows up and moves on!:D

Huge congrats to you. I've heard the tests are not only tough, but tricky tough. If you wanted to judge L5/6, would you now do some practice judging at meets---exactly what is the process for becoming a "real" judge? Might be something your dd would be interested in doing once she is done with her competitive career.

I have to join USAG and NAWGJ as well as take an on line safety course. Then I can practice judge...Hoping to do so at our meet we hold in January...Then...who knows! Tricky tough was right...I was sure I had failed but suprised myself...I did study a LOT!

CONGRATS on your new career! I suppose after 12 years of watching this sport you are more than qualified. My daughter just started this year and I am clueless on how things are being judged. It must be pretty interesting to actually understand all the different deductions, LOL

Good Luck to you!

Yesterday my dd had a clinic at our gym from 9-4. 45 minute rotations all day. One of those rotations included a Q&A session with a judge. This woman has been judging for 40 years! What a wealth of knowledge. She's judged in Olympic games, Nationals, Worlds, etc. She even judged Nadia Comanicci (sp?) Pretty darned impressive. Turns out she only lives about 10 minutes from our gym. She's come in from time to time to help out our higher level girls with their routines. Can you picture yourself doing it for 40 years?? Needless to say, she really knows the sport. It's not easy, that's for sure. She said she has to take tests every year? I love the sport but don't think I could ever take that step.

Congrats to you :thumbsup: and good luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back