Coaches New level 5 bars. Clear hip/stalder/sole circle

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

herrmannt

Coach
The new level 5 bar routine gives the option of clear hip, stalder, or sole circle. Are most gyms going to do the clear hip? How are you deciding which skill to do? Thanks:)

The new level 5 bar routine gives the option of clear hip, stalder, or sole circle. Are most gyms going to do the clear hip? How are you deciding which skill to do? Thanks:)
====

Just to be clear it's a sole circle that must finish above horizontal, (AKA a toe shoot, or toe on toe off).
Anyways, to answer your question, the clear hip and the toe shoot should be worked together. We also work the stalder stations a few days a week, (you will know real quick who is a natural at stalders, ). at the new level 5 level the clear hip will be easier for all the kids who don't cast high, (Toe shoot to anything but handstand gets kind of messy looking).
I DO have a girl on my team who CANNOT do a clear hip or toe shoot, but DOES compete a stalder to handstand, (3 years now....) figure that one out!
Hope that helps, work them all, none are a waste of time. By the time they are level 9s you will have easy bonus.

====

Just to be clear it's a sole circle that must finish above horizontal, (AKA a toe shoot, or toe on toe off).
Anyways, to answer your question, the clear hip and the toe shoot should be worked together. We also work the stalder stations a few days a week, (you will know real quick who is a natural at stalders, ). at the new level 5 level the clear hip will be easier for all the kids who don't cast high, (Toe shoot to anything but handstand gets kind of messy looking).
I DO have a girl on my team who CANNOT do a clear hip or toe shoot, but DOES compete a stalder to handstand, (3 years now....) figure that one out!
Hope that helps, work them all, none are a waste of time. By the time they are level 9s you will have easy bonus.

Stalders are a teensy bit bore complicated than the toe or clear circles, so she maybe just couldn't figure out how to mess it up
the same way one messes up the other two skills, like sticking their head way out and trying to lift the back of the head to help them "elevate" upward from the bottom of the circle.

Stalders are a teensy bit bore complicated than the toe or clear circles, so she maybe just couldn't figure out how to mess it up
the same way one messes up the other two skills, like sticking their head way out and trying to lift the back of the head to help them "elevate" upward from the bottom of the circle.
==
pretty much sums it up, plus she is probably the strongest athlete I have ever seen.

You will see mainly clear hips. For many years the same option was in the Australian level 5/6 and I rarely saw anything but a clear hip.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back