WAG New Level 9 Gymnast

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

haleyedd_9

Gymnast
I am a training level 9 for the first time this year. I have a good, solid pike tsuk on vault and I’m good on floor as well. My bar routine is kip squat on, pirouette connected to an overshoot then giant giant layout half flyaway. My only issue there is keeping good form throughout my overshoot. If you have any advice on staying tight when you catch the bar I would appreciate it. On beam, I have everything except a series. My coach is really pushing a bhs bhs. That’s because I really don’t have another good option that I know of. I am not scared of a bhs but mine are not the best so it is hard and scary when I go to connect them. If you have any tips on this series or how to improve your bhs on beam it would help a lot.

Have you tried other series options? When I was a gymnast, both my back walkover BHS and my BHS stepout BHS were terrible. My coach had me try a BHS (2 foot landing) BHS stepout. It made the world of difference for me! My best friend did a back extension back extension and another friend did roundoff back tuck. So, perhaps you can work with your coach to see if there are other options that would meet the requirements but work better for you. Good luck!

Yes thank you!! I talked with my coach and we are now trying bhs stepout back tuck which is working much better
Lol, when I read your original post, I was thinking BHS - Back tuck ... but forgot to actually POST the reply. I shut down my computer with it still waiting to be posted.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back