Parents New love for beam

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

mom2kazkids

Proud Parent
As a level 3 DD hated the beam. See the following video.

YouTube - Level 3 gymnastics beam
Well now she loves the beam, reason being...................

She did a tick tock on the medium beam herself. This a such an accomplishment for her. Now hoping that since she is getting comfortable with returning to the lunge that she will now be able to get the back walk over on the beam. She is doing it, but not consistent on the low beam with mats on either side. Almost always gets her hands, but turns her hips and goes to the right. I was joking with her that I can see her getting a FWO on beam before a BWO.

Barb

Isn't great when they get excited about something? Great that she is loving beam. She is so graceful, she will do wonderful on beam next season!

Good for her! I love how when they get a new skill, they suddenly get new love for that event :)

That's great!

Is the front walkover harder? This time last year Jess wanted to work on front and they wouldn't let her LOL. She didn't want to go backwards on the beam.

It's so nice when they find a new love for something they were starting to hate :)

My dd finds the front walkover much easier. Her forwards walkover is better on floor than her back one so it makes sense. She got her front walkover on middle beam in 15 mins of trying. BWO still not secure after a year!

Her coach and I both think it is the fear of going backwards. Going forward she knows that her hands are on the beam, back wards she just does not have the confidence. She did stick 5 in a row on the low skinny, but with mats on either side of the beam. It is just like her cartwheel of last summer, slowly she will get it.

Barb

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back