WAG New Mantra: I am not her coach

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Our optional girls pay for their routines to be choreographed by choreographers (not our coaches) so aside from maybe changing specific skills - even as a coach I don't try to change the choreography and unless a parent was a choreographer I probably wouldn't want them to tell their kid to change their routine. Now, music is different - my mom knew absolutely NOTHING about gymnastics, but she always listened to music with me - so I let my girls pick their own music (a coach has to approve it) and if mom or dad wants to help out they are more than welcome too.

Our optional girls pay for their routines to be choreographed by choreographers (not our coaches) so aside from maybe changing specific skills - even as a coach I don't try to change the choreography and unless a parent was a choreographer I probably wouldn't want them to tell their kid to change their routine. Now, music is different - my mom knew absolutely NOTHING about gymnastics, but she always listened to music with me - so I let my girls pick their own music (a coach has to approve it) and if mom or dad wants to help out they are more than welcome too.

Does the Choreographer work at the gym? Who makes corrections once the routine is taught?

Head coach is a choreographer and choreographed the routine. I love it and have no desire to change it. I did assist Short Stack in choosing her floor music.

I just want her to do the steps on the beats that they were choreographed on. I want her to do her routine TO the music as opposed to her doing a routine with music playing in the background.

But, as I said... That's coach's job, not mine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back