New Member Finally!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello! I am a Mom of 2 girls. My 10 yr. old is Lev 6 and my youngest is 5 and she is Lev 3. I have learned so much from this website and finally decided to join! Everyone on here seems to be super positive and hope to meet other gym moms!!! My daughter has her State meet in May and hoping the "Mental Injury" disapears soon!:(

Thanks for welcoming me!!!

Regarding the mental injury my daughter has a mental block and has not thrown her BackTuck in the last 3 meets...she keeps saying she is going to do it at States and probably trying to convince herself and hoping that it all works out! It is hard to watch your child struggle when 2 1/2 months ago she had no problem and did very well on floor and has always in the past...so I am crossing my fingers...we all know she can do it. Gymnastics is very mental.

welcome to the chalkbucket
as far as the mental block goes - make sure that no one is pressuring your DD to do it and make sure that everyone knows - including her - that 1 day she will just decide to do and it will happen

Hope she can, my 12 year old bailed on it at her last meet for no obvious reason and I know there is at leats one other girls on the board who is going through the same thing. She has to be able to deal with this herself, and hard as it sounds the only thing you can do is act like it's not an issue for now. Of course if this goes on longer then there are other things the coaches can try.

Here is a link to the thread where we talked about it

http://www.chalkbucket.com/forums/chalk-bucket/19837-mental-block-after-bad-meet-yesterday.html

Feel free to post a specific thread in any of the forums to get some support, it is always good to know that she is not the only gymmie with a blocek.

Welcome Gymnast2020! That other DD would be mine!!! It IS comforting to know there are other people going through the same thing and it's so painful for us, as parents, to watch them deal with it! On the positive side, Katy has been doing her tumbling pass again this week. When I first saw it last Monday, I was just so happy she was doing it, even if it looked really BAD!!! I think she's improving her technique now. Her coach said her endurance had really suffered, and she thought that was her major problem at this point. (She had also been struggling with an ankle injury all season, nad had just completed 4 weeks of PT when she went "mental" on everyone after a horrible meet).

Good luck to your DD. She'll get it back... my trick was to NOT talk about it at home at all. I didn't want to put anymore pressure on her (I figured she was being hard enough on herself!)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back