New Member here

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TherapistDad

Proud Parent
Hi there. New member here -- father of an 7yo L3 gymnast. Daughter is a bit new to the sport -- she is just starting her 2nd year and I'm still learning the ropes. I'm totally new to the gymnastics world and I have much to learn.

Just a quick question off the bat: what is "DD" and "CGM"? Trying to figure out meaning from context. Any other acronyms or lingo that I ought to know to make reading these forums easier?

Thanks!

Welcome to CB.

There's also CGD - crazy gym dad

You may have more gymnastics knowledge than I do but even when many of the skills are named I need to look them up. Feel free to ask away. There are many people around here with lots of knowledge (I'm not one of them :D ) that are happy to try to try to help.

Welcome.

DD = dear daughter
CGM = crazy gym mom

good luck and for tomorrow’s quiz.. how about ROBHS?

Riiiiight!!! Thanks!

Been trolling around different threads — ROBHS = Roundoff Back Handspring?

Welcome to CB.

There's also CGD - crazy gym dad

You may have more gymnastics knowledge than I do but even when many of the skills are named I need to look them up. Feel free to ask away. There are many people around here with lots of knowledge (I'm not one of them :D ) that are happy to try to try to help.

Thanks! I’m trying to avoid becoming a CGD. I’m just trying to get my head around the idea that DD is in competitive gymnastics at all!

Welcome! My son, who's training for L10 this season, was your daughter's age when I joined CB. My DD is headed into her last season in XCel -- she's a high school senior who competed JO for eight years before switching programs. The days are long, the meets are longer, but the years fly by more quickly than you'll ever imagine.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back