New member looking for Competition Hair styles

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gatorsmom

Hello, hoping to find some new and easy competition hair styles for my gymnast! Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

We used to be required to do buns which I really liked. The girls look uniform and it usually stays neat. Now that they are a little older and optionals they don't need to, but I hate a sloppy pony tail. I will try to upload a picture of what we most recently did. It is like a french braid but no braid just pony tails down each side.

We used to be required to do buns which I really liked. The girls look uniform and it usually stays neat. Now that they are a little older and optionals they don't need to...

Really?? I thought it would be the other way around. Doesn' a bun get in the way of being able to do dive rolls, HSrolls, back extensions, etc?

Here is a pic of my dd. She has long hair-almost to her waist. I did two braids, one on top of the other. She likes it and it doesn't bother her during comps:

StyleGymnasticsMDLMeet1120609014-2.jpg

Really?? I thought it would be the other way around. Doesn' a bun get in the way of being able to do dive rolls, HSrolls, back extensions, etc?
My girls have never complained about the bun until this year. (L8) Other parents did because they couldn't get them to stay tight enough but most of us were fine. I guess I personally like a french braid. It stays where it is supposed to, out of the way, and looks neat.

sometimes i put my side bangs in a french braid and pull it back in a ponytail so its like part french braid and then a ponytail. but i would only suggest that if she has kinda short hair.:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back