New Mom

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

PoseysMom

Hi my daughter is just in the preschool program at her gym and we are new to gymnastics. I don't know much about it so I found this forum and thought I'd join. Hopefully it will be helpful to us. She LOVES gymnastics and goes twice a week because I can't get her to leave. I danced all my life and I had hoped she'd be a dancer. She dances as well but she seems to really love gymnastics.

Welcome!!!

Hi Poseysmom! Welcome to the CB! You've found a gold mine here!!! So much great info & many knowledgeable & helpful people. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined. How old is your DD? My DD started out in a combo ballet/gymnastics class(at the dance teacher's house) at 3yrs old. She didn't care for the tutu...much preferred the gymnastics part... LOL:). So we switched to a "real" gym & here we are 10yrs later!!!! She's training level 7 this summer. Wishing your DD much joy & friendship in the world of gymnastics:D!!!!!

My daughter is 2 1/2, she will be 3 September 8th, and she moves up a class. I couldn't believe how many skills they are learning just in her little class! Kicking on the beam and pulling themselves up and over the bar. They are just teeny tiny! She dances at a very high level dance studio (do any of you watch So You Think You Can Dance -- that is my world! I usually know or know of a lot the dancers) but the kids don't start the skills until they are around 4 or 5. She will be on competition this year for the dance studio to see how she likes is, so we will how it goes, balancing it all, as I am a single mom and I work part time and go to school at night and online.

Welcome to CB. I think you will find a lot of great parents and coaches to help you on your gym journey.

Good luck w/ the juggling act !!

I'm a little late saying hi but I wanted to wave to you. I'm the gym taxi (and 20 years older sister) for another preschool gymnast just getting into the "big" gym. E will be four in October but he'd love to live in the gym as well. He told me he wants to go eleven times a week, so I think he's caught the bug like your daughter has.

That's cool that they're letting your daughter get a feel for the beam -- nerve-wracking, though-- do they have her on a low beam or up high? Beam is E's favorite (he's only ever been on a low beam), I haven't the heart to tell him that if he does advance, he'll have to give it up.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back