WAG New Recruiting Rules?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It’s odd that 3 National Team 9th graders have not committed yet the 8th graders have.
I’m not all that surprised, all I’ve been hearing is that the top schools were going after 8th graders and that seems to be the case. Maybe they have all offered to the 9th graders in the past and maybe they declined?!?!

That's exactly what a teammate of lilys is doing, she got an offer from her top 2 schools and is waiting to decide. Not sure how long they gave her though.
Now that the rules have changed doesn't she have to wait until June 15th after Sophomore year to decide? or to commit

Now that the rules have changed doesn't she have to wait until June 15th after Sophomore year to decide? or to commit
I thought so but apparently not. She has another teammate who is visiting a college today and will probably be announcing her decision tonight (also an 8th grader)

I believe the way they are getting around the rule is she will be emailing or texting the coach with her acceptance, the coach cant respond to the email or text but can read it.

Sports Other Than Basketball, Football and Men's Ice Hockey. In sports other than basketball, football and men's ice hockey, an athletics department staff member shall not, directly or indirectly, provide an individual an oral offer (or indicate that an offer will or may be made) of athletically related financial aid, other institutional financial aid, admission to the institution or as a member of an intercollegiate team before August 1 at the beginning of the individual's junior year in high school.

they can still email and text the coach, the coach just can't reply, according to a source I know.
That is true, just one of the many loopholes of the new rules. I can guarantee that offers will still happen, they will just be done "under the table" and will probably not be officially announced until June 15 of their sophomore year.

Sports Other Than Basketball, Football and Men's Ice Hockey. In sports other than basketball, football and men's ice hockey, an athletics department staff member shall not, directly or indirectly, provide an individual an oral offer (or indicate that an offer will or may be made) of athletically related financial aid, other institutional financial aid, admission to the institution or as a member of an intercollegiate team before August 1 at the beginning of the individual's junior year in high school.
This part was taken out of the rules that were passed.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back