Parents new respect for girls with rips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymgal

Gold Membership
Proud Parent
I was working in the garden today and got two nasty rips from the tools. Man they hurt. Especially if you run them under water. Never again will I tell my dd to "suck it up" when she complains about the pain in the shower. No - I don't actually say that, but I have wanted to... I really thought she was just being a complainer. Now I know better!

Alison

I know I am too much of a wimp to do gymnastics. I get blisters when I mop the whole house and sometimes they rip and OUCH do I hate them. I think all gymnasts are brave to compete in a sport that regularly causes pain. Ouch.

Rips can be a horrible thing and some people get rips all the time and others will never get a rip. I remember I would go 2 or 3 years and never get one and now some of my girls on the team get them weekly.

A word of advice though, if you have a really bad rip, squeeze a warm tea bag and it will take most of the sting out of it.

yeah rips suck...
I hated them when I got them and you just cringe everytime you have to get on the bar when they are fresh especially.
I hope your rips heal fast... ouchie...

I do the same thing! When my daughters complain, I just (want) to tell them to "suck it up" or "you will get over it." I was cooking once, and I sliced my hand a bit. I used all their supplies, like the tape, and the cream. It was funny because they saw me doing it and said, "Mommy is a gymnast too!";)

Hope your rip feels better!

I have very sensitive hands - I get rips on my hands if I mop or vacuum too long. My gymmie is lucky - she has tougher hands than I do. She'll only rip when they really work bars hard a bunch of days in a row.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back