WAG New Sexual Lawsuit Targets Nassar, the Karolyis, USA Gymnastics, et al

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Lots of stuff in there......awful, terrible stuff.
I feel terrible for the girls, and for the good people in gymnastics.

That Ranch is a House of Horrors, and it should be shut down, and our National Team Training Center should move to Colorado Springs with the other Olympic Sports. Wipe the Karolyis out of the program physically and symbolically once and for all. Children not allowed to be accompanied by parents, being sexually abused by the team doctor alone in a cabin. Having their diet restricted to the point where they have to sneak food to satisfy one of our basic needs. Being physically and verbally abused, and basically having no choice to subject themselves to the place if they want to make the Olympic Team. It is horrific, and an isolated camp in the middle of nowhere is a perfect place to perpetuate abuse. So many people have spoken out in the past and nothing was ever done. I could care a less about gold medals if this is what it takes.

I still can't believe anyone thinks "intravaginal adjustment" is a valid treatment.

Excepting post natal injury or similar, which gymnasts are very unlikely to suffer from. Even if they do, I would think it's an issue for their ob/gyn, not their sports doctor.

If I went to an osteopath for muscloskeletal pain and they suggested that I'd run, very fast, and report them. It's bit like a Dr giving me a breast exam for a cold. Except worse.

If anyone suggested it to my DD on her national squad, I would never let her go back, and report them.

I wonder if any TOPS or Development Camp athelte has ever told the USAG "no - my kid is not coming to your camp w/o my being present". My guess is no, or if they have, they probably were taken off "the elite track" ASAP.

This is why this type of stuff happens - everyone is too afraid to look like a troublemaker cause they are worried it will hurt their kid's elite career if they speak up.

I know for Developmental Camp, the girls' coaches can/do go with the girls.
Do coaches also go for Tops camps?

^^^^yes yes yes

Hate the actions not the person. ( Easier said than done! I know. I know) Hate the actions not the whole sport. There are far more caring, giving supportive coaches than horrible monsters.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back